Positions: Voucher Examiner, FSN-08, USAID/MALI
Solicitation Ref.: 72068819R10007
Brief Description of Position:
This position is located in the Mission Financial Management Office (FMO). The Financial Management Office provides full financial management services to the Mission (and assigned Missions/Offices) in support of substantive and significant technical and economic assistance programs/projects/activities. In support of this work, the Voucher Examination Unit (FMO/VE) handles and processes all claims for payment against contracts and grants and other instruments used to implement these activities. The Voucher Examiner examines the most difficult and complex invoices and other claims for payment of goods and/or services associated with USAID programs/projects/activities. As a member of the FMO/VE Unit, the Job Holder examines vouchers and invoices of implementing partners, grantees, and others for multi-million dollar, long-term technical assistance programs/projects/activities contractors and grantees, recommending payment or indicating required clarifications or justifications; and, controls and monitors payment requests and disbursements for the Mission project and non-project activities in the host country. The Job Holder corresponds with contractors, grantees, vendors, and employees in person, by telephone, and in writing concerning requests for additional information, and to provide guidance on voucher and payment processing requirements. The Job Holder processes and posts examined vouchers into the Phoenix accounting system.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with a valid work permit at the time of application;
- Completion of secondary schooling, plus at least two years of full time post-secondary study at college or university, with a focus on accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in bookkeeping, voucher examination, payment processing, or accounting is required, at least two years of which should have been with an international organization.
- Level IV (fluent) oral and written English and French are required. One host-country language ability is desired.
- A thorough knowledge, or the ability to quickly gain such knowledge, of the Agency Directives System (ADS), USAID travel regulations, Standardized Regulations, handbooks on host-country contracting, commodities, and grants, and FAR/AIDAR provisions is required. Familiarity with procedures and regulations governing USAID financial management; a sound understanding of program regulations and contract terms for which voucher examining processes are performed, and a broad knowledge and understanding of Financial rules are required.
How to obtain Solicitation: detailed statement of duties,qualification requirements and documents to be provided for complete application are available on USAID website http://www.usaid.gov/mali/partnership-opportunities/local-vacancy, and U.S. Embassy website http://mali.usembassy.gov
Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068819R10007 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: firstname.lastname@example.org with the above reference in the subject line of your email.
Please note that all cv/resumes and cover letters must be in English, otherwise the application package is incomplete and will be rejected.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: September 20, 2019