As part of the strengthening of its capacities in competent Human Resources, the USTTB / NIAID / NIH MALI OFFICE is looking for the following profile:
POSITION TITLE: Storekeeper / Supervisory Agent for Janitors and Gardeners
BASIC POSITION FUNCTION:
The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of the stores, Gardeners and Janitors in order to meet the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at Point G and ICER Mali sites. He also assesses the performance of his entire team (Gardeners and Janitors)
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
MANAGEMENT OF GARDENERS AND JANITORS
- Create a supervision system that will monitor that Janitors and Gardeners complete their tasks and ensure that the yard, buildings, offices and gardens are well cleaned and maintained;
- Ensure the availability of Janitors for unloading containers;
- Ensure that Janitors have laboratory materials in accordance with the pre-established safety and security rules and ensure the incineration of these materials;
- Replenish gardening supplies with tools, seedlings and other necessary gardening materials and equipment;
- Work with the Security Manager to ensure that Janitors and Gardeners are presenting their badge in front of his door that proves the time of arrival and departure
- Provides general logistics support to the administrative and executive sections of the office;
- Responsible for conducting regular and annual equipment inventories and keeping an accurate and up to date equipment inventory record;
- Liaise between the ICER Mali and the NIAID property office for all issues related to ICER Mali property;
- Liaise with all ICER Mali labs to ensure that all equipment are accounted for and well inventoried;
- Liaise with the IT office to ensure that proper labeling and registration procedures are followed for all IT equipment;
- Responsible for the tracking, receipt, proper log in, and distribution of all shipments arriving at the ICER Mali;
- Liaise with lab groups to ensure that all shipments leaving the ICER Mali follow the proper procedure and assist project teams in tracking their shipments;
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies with the different project teams; rreceive all the goods ordered locally and in the US.
- Ensure the proper organization of the warehouse and different storage spaces at the Mali ICER;
- Assist with the development of policies and standard operating procedures for effective equipment management, inventorying and storing;
- Assist with consumables and tracking of expiration dates ;
- Disseminate information about consumable expiration dates; and
- Other tasks, as determined by the Supervisor. The environment at the NIAID/NIH Mali Office foresees that all staff members adopt helpful duties not specifically related to their principal job, and that everyone pitches in to be of general assistance when requested
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- Education: BA in health sciences (pharmacy, nursing, medicine, or biology) or in Administration.
- Prior Work Experience: At least 5 years of administrative experience, warehousing and familiarity with excel or database software. Supervisory responsibility experience preferred
- Language Proficiency:
- Speaking/reading/writing French, Level IV
- Speaking/reading/writing English, level III
- Speaking Bambara required, level III
Skills, and Abilities
Good interpersonal skills, good knowledge of product inventory management and communication skills.
Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office, Outlook, and internet browsers) are required.
Although the Mali Service Center posted this post, the incumbent will work under contract from the USTTB (University of Science, Technology and Technology of Bamako) on NIH-funded programs (National Institute of Health, a US government agency that works on biomedical research).
- 01 cover letter
- 01 Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copy of diplomas
- References from at least two previous employers.
The required documents are to be submitted to the CSM Point G under closed envelopes with the mention « submission to the post Storekeeper / Supervisory Agent for Janitors and Gardeners » or to the address: email@example.com
Deadline of deposit: March 31st, 2019 at 16 hours.