Position: Senior Program Planning & Budget Specialist (SPP&BS), FSN-12, USAID/MALI
Brief Description of Position: The PRM staff serve as principal advisors to the USAID Director and to mission technical offices on USAID programming policy, budgeting and reporting, resilience and development issues, gender issues, strategy planning, budgeting/resource management, project design, monitoring and evaluation, geo-mapping and communication and reporting. The Senior Program Planning & Budget Specialist (SPP&BS) serves as USAID/Mali’s senior FSN for ensuring oversight of program planning and budgeting requirements and donor coordination engagement within the Program and Resource Management Office (PRM). S/he serves as a main liaison person with senior governmental officials in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Women Promotion, Children and the Family; and the Groupe Thematique Genre and other donor officials and nongovernment entities as needed on budget and programmatic issues. S/he will also serve as the Mission’s Gender advisor to ensure Gender programming and implementation is utilized effectively and efficiently across all Mission programs. The SPP&BS reports to the Supervisory Program Director or his/her designee. S/he will supervise the Budget Specialist and provide day-to- day mentoring and oversight on the Mission’s budget reporting requirements.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with a valid work permit at the time of application;
- Master degree in economics, public administration, business administration or management, sociology or social sciences is required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in the implementation and or management of development activities/projects. Demonstrated professional experience in the area of international aid in a developing country, including a minimum of five (5) years of development assistance work, or related work for donors, GRM or other private institutions. Prior work experience and or knowledge with donor institution/agency are highly desirable.
- Level 4 proficiency in written and spoken French and English.
- Job Knowledge: The incumbent must have a comprehensive knowledge of USG or international budget cycle and operation. Knowledge of USG and/or international program/project management policies and regulations including Gender Integration, People with Disabilities, and Inclusive Development.
How to obtain Solicitation: Detailed statement of duties and the qualification requirements for the position are available on the USAID website http://www.usaid.gov/mali/partnership-opportunities/local-vacancy, and U.S. Embassy website http://mali.usembassy.gov
How to Apply: Human Resources Management Office – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure consideration of application for the intended position, please reference the solicitation number on your application, and as the subject line in any email, cover letter and any other attached pages.
Deadline for submission is: September 13, 2018 at 17h00 GMT