Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali is recruiting the following staff for its program: Senior Program Manager – Global Fund Malaria Project Director – H/F
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a valid criminal record (only mandatory once selected for the position) and the contacts of three references, including the one from the last job, must be received no later than June 24th 2021 at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: « Application for the position of : » Senior Program Manager – Global Fund Malaria Project Director « .
NB: Any application that does not include the above-mentioned subject will not be considered. Only those selected for testing will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
« The CRS places special emphasis on family values, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, availability of a crèche in the office and working flexible hours whenever possible ».
In applying for this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to: treat all people with dignity and respect and actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking. Furthermore, I understand that if I am a successful applicant, I will be subject to a thorough background check and that my personal/ professional references will be used to assess my behaviour related to the above protection topics.
|Position Title:||Senior Program Manager – Global Fund Malaria Project Director|
|Reports to:||Head of Programming|
|Location:||Mali – Bamako|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Mali since 1999 supporting relief and development operations in the country. Over the past years, CRS engaged in health, humanitarian response, education, agriculture, and peacebuilding/social cohesion. CRS has developed strong relationships with government line ministries, partners, and communities we serve in the country, implementing a multi-sectoral program portfolio.
CRS Mali has been engaged in Malaria work since 2015 with work on the ACCESS-SMC project, and partnered with PSI in 2017 as a sub-recipient on their Global Fund Malaria grant in charge of delivering Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention (SMC) activities in 19 health districts. CRS applied for and was granted the Principal Recipient role for the Global Fund malaria NFM3 grant slated to be implemented from 2022-2024. The new grant will support Mali’s National Malaria Control Program implement its malaria control strategy towards its 2030 vision of “a Mali without Malaria.” Specific objectives for 2024 include the reduction of the mortality rate from malaria by at least 60% compared to 2015, the reduction of malaria incidence by at least 60% compared to 2015, and strengthen coordination and program management capacities at all levels.
As Senior Program Manager/Global Fund Malaria Project Director, you will provide overall leadership to the Global Fund Malaria and health system strengthening project team and be responsible for the overall management of the project including the quality of programmatic implementation (monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning) and administrative elements of the project to serve the poor and vulnerable as well as relationship with the GFATM, Ministry of Health/National Malaria Control Program and different services and other public, private and non-government stakeholders. You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainability (in like with the High-Performing Implementers strategy), and that the budget is consumed as planned. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles & Key Responsibilities
- Lead the implementation of the GF Malaria project. Provide oversight for all aspects of program quality, program management, representation, and human resources. Serve as the primary point of contact to GFATM as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders including SRs. Ensure that the project will be ready to begin implementation on January 1, 2022.
- Ensure strategic objectives and results are accomplished and meet technical quality standards through annual and quarterly activity planning and budget forecasts. Lead quarterly technical review of implementation plans.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Strategically tailor development plans and complete performance assessments for direct reports. Oversee the development of staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
- Coordinate with Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability (MEAL) Manager to oversee the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system, using appropriate forms, procedures, and tools for data collection and analysis, promote ICT4D as the basis for measuring, documenting and reporting outcomes.
- Manage and mitigate risk. Ensure compliance in GF Malaria grant including oversight of partner budgets, finance and administration, and reporting to GFATM.
- Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of roles and activities of staff from consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and delivery of high-quality training and technical assistance in line with the High-Performing Implementer program.
- Ensure that the “limited cash policy” is respected, progressively evaluated and develop/update “limited cash policy” alleviation plans with Ministry of Health and its programs & entities.
- Maintain regular and positive communication with the PNLP as well as with Global Fund officials, ensuring problems are rapidly identified and proactively and effectively addressed.
- Medical doctorate or Masters degree in Public Health, International Development, International Relations or a related field.
- 5 or more years’ relevant experience managing large scale development grants, preferably focusing on Health and Malaria.
- Proven track record of successful Global Fund (GFATM) funded program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistics and large budgets, as well as health products & medical commodities.
- At least three years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
Required Languages –French fluency required; English fluency a benefit.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Experience managing Global Fund grant, preferred.
- Knowledge & experience of Partnership strategy and Partner Capacity Building.
- Commitment to local leadership and empowering local actors.
- Prior experience working in Mali, preferred.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Application of program quality standards to project design and organizational learning, performance improvement and application of gender equity
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Deputy Director, MEAL Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Risk and Compliance Manager, Finance Coordinator, Communication Specialist, Administrative Assistant
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Country Representative, Head of Programming, Head of Operations, Security Manager, Deputy Regional Directors, Regional Technical Advisors, Global Fund Support Unit, GF Malaria Project staff, Mali Staff
External: Global Fund Portfolio Senior Manager, GF Portfolio Team, CCM, PNLP, Ministry of Health, Pharmacie Populaire du Mali, LFA, Sub-recipients, USAID, CDC, UN agencies, other Global Fund Principal Recipients for the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis grants.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com