Senior Finance and Grants Manager – Mali Shifin ni Tagne Activity
The Candidacy Of Women is strongly encouraged
CARE is dedicated to ending poverty and improving the lives of women, girls, and vulnerable populations around the world. We do this through meaningful partnerships with social justice movements, local civil society groups and broad networks of organizations focused on social inclusion. We are locally led, globally connected, and committed to advocating for the rights and inclusion of marginalized, under-represented populations around the world. We believe the inclusion of every individual, regardless of their identity, is essential in helping to transform societies and improve quality of life.
CARE seeks a Senior Finance and Grants Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Cross-Sectoral Youth activity in Mali. The project will enable vulnerable and marginalized Malian youth in the regions of Bamako, Mopti and Segou to become educated, healthy, and productive citizens while building their resilience to recurrent crises. The Activity will focus on an integrated program that includes basic education, workforce development, media literacy to counter disinformation, youth entrepreneurship, and reproductive health.
The Sr. Finance and Grants Manager will provide leadership and direction to the finance and operations team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management. The successful candidate should possess significant experience in managing finances, and operations of USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25 million range.
This position is subject to project award and funding. National candidates are encouraged to apply. The position will be based in Bamako, Mali.
- Support the Chief of Party in day-to-day financial and grants management and ensure that the program meets all CARE, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds usage, accountability, and operations within the country.
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management.
- Direct the development of grants and local award agreements, as well as the evaluation and selection process.
- Review and audit sub awardees’ reports, budgets, expenses, and proposals to ensure compliance with award terms and USAID regulations and maintenance of accurate financial records.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes.
- Manage project procurement and human resources as needed.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments.
- Monitor program budget and advise senior management on burn rates and other programmatic considerations; provide complete and compliant required reporting; and maintain financial records for all program activities.
- Oversee subgrantee budgets and expenditures; provide relevant capacity building on financial and operational requirements for local partners as needed.
- Supervise a small team of finance and operations staff.
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained throughout the life of the program.
- Establish financial and operational systems during start-up.
- Liaise with CARE’s home office financial, compliance and field operations teams.
- Graduate degree in business, accounting, administration, contract management, or relevant field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in managing the finance and administration of international donor-funded programs.
- Excellent record of successfully establishing and managing grants programs for large and complex USAID-funded programs.
- Significant previous experience working in conflict, crisis situations, or volatile operating contexts preferably in West or Central Africa.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral presentation skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement, donor relations and consortium/partner management experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH).
- Ability and willingness to travel as required.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: Senior Finance and Grants Manager« . The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be sent throught its email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on September 30, 2023.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION » Senior Finance and Grants Manager » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à email@example.com