World Vision Mali recruits for the following position (1):
Title: Security Officer
Contract Type: Local
Report to: Operations Manager & Security Manager
World Vision does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
World Vision does not concern itself with information on bank accounts.
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply for.
WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND :
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice through sustainable development, emergency relief and raising public awareness. The heart of World Vision’s work is in helping communities build stronger and healthier relationships. World Vision helps communities help themselves. World Vision focuses on children because they are the best indicator of a community’s social health. When children are fed, sheltered, schooled, protected, valued, and loved, a community thrives.
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
To support the National Director in ensuring that effective security measures for the National Office programs are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the national context. Lead in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security.
MAJORS RESPONSABILITIES :
|Strategy & Planning|
|· Help to develop and implement the National Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy to ensure the operational priorities of the National Office is appropriately supported.
· Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with current Office of Corporate Security guidelines and training
· Provide leadership/ management of the security focal person’s in country.
|National Office is aligned with all current World Vision policies and strategies.|
|· Work with the Security Manager to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
· Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required
· Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings
· Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents
· Conduct security investigations when required.
|National Office is applying all current security requirements in accordance with World Vision security policy and procedures.|
|Networking and External Liaison/Engagement|
|· Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
· Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
|Security relationships with other NGO’s and relevant partners are established and maintained.|
|Capacity Building and Technical Training|
|· Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the national office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
· Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
|National staffs are trained in alignment with the Office of Corporate Security and current international good practice standards.|
|Reporting and Documentation|
|· Provide a regular security report to the CMER Director and the Security Manager.
· Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
· Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons.
· Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately.
|All documentation is prepared in a clear and concise manner and disseminated in accordance with World Vision Policies and Procedures.|
|Education||o Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.||Preferred|
|o Police/Law Enforcement Training||Desirable|
|Experience||· No previous criminal record or convictions||Essential|
|· REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the security officer is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment (probation period)||Essential|
|· At least three (3) years experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors). Choose appropriate:
o Strategic / Managerial
|· Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.||Preferred|
|· Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management||Desirable|
|Knowledge & Skills||· Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.||Essential|
|· Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)||Essential|
|· Ability to communicate well in English & _____________
(verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation
|· Valid Passport and Drivers License (choose appropriate)
|· First Aid qualified||Essential|
|· Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)||Essential|
|· Practical knowledge of tools, mechanisms and procedures for personal and organizational security.||Desirable|
|· Professional – behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings||Essential|
|· Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values||Essential|
|Core Competencies||THINKING CAPABILITY:
· Proven leadership /management skills
· Ability to understand/assess and provide recommendations on all standards contained within the CSR framework
· Ability to understand and apply the SRA process
· Previous Security related work experience
· Have completed current HEAT/SRMT training.
· Has a working knowledge of core humanitarian principals as it is vital to WVI OCS function and is what makes OCS both highly specialized with comparison to other elements within the security industry. It also ties in strongly with the WVI Christian ethos and as such should not be overlooked.
· Responds quickly and decisively in emergency situations.
· Identifies risks and acts accordingly
· Demonstrates an ability to seek alternative solutions to problems using initiative, experience and consultation with others.
· Proven Leadership /management skills
· Good verbal/written communication skills.
· Communicates clear direction to others.
· Delegates tasks/responsibilities to others.
· Assumes responsibility on security related issues in times of necessity, uncertainty and crisis.
· Demonstrates basic Microsoft skills.
Physical / Mental
· Candidates require a high level of physical and mental fitness particularly within high risk environments where ‘usual channels’ of exercise and relaxation may be unavailable or extremely limited.
· Ability to build and maintain internal and external networks in order to ensure an informed and coordinated security operation within the local context.
· Given limited resources (both financial and human) security staff need the ability to influence leadership both formally and informally with their technical and professional judgment to ensure there is a shared understanding of the contextual situation so as to gain needed support and resources to respond quickly
|Work Environment||· This position requires regular travel between N.O Field-based Offices and programming areas.
· International travel may also be required.
· Non-standard work hours due to the nature of the security occurrences – may be asked outside of normal office hours.
ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIORS :
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
How to apply: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-mali
*Deadline for submission of applications: December 12, 2021
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.