Vacant Position advertisement: USAID/Mali United States Personal Services Contract Resident Hire Senior Development and Outreach Coordinator
REF No.: 72068819R10012 (must be inserted in the subject line of the email)
GRADE LEVEL: USPSC GS-13
The Senior DOC will manage the full range of public information and outreach activities in support of USAID/Mali’s programs and objectives, targeting information to specific audiences in both Mali and the US, in accordance with the Mission’s public strategy and evolving circumstances.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications below:
Applicants meeting the required qualifications for the position will be evaluated based on information presented in the application and obtained through reference checks. USAID/Mali reserves the right to conduct interviews with the most highly ranked applicants and make the interview a deciding factor in selection:
- Local U.S. citizens (residing Mali at the time of hire as a PSC)
- It is preferred, that the candidate holds a Master’s degree with significant coursework in relevant fields. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Relevant fields include – but are not limited to – journalism, communications, public relations or affairs, international relations, international development, public administration, development/area studies, and social studies.
- At least eight to 10 years’ experience in journalism, public affairs, communication, outreach, and/or international relations is required. The candidate must have at least five years’ relevant experience in a developing country.
- Ability and skills requirements are per the below:
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality video and audio productions for public consumption through television and radio.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, independent, professional judgment.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate highly technical material into easy to understand narrative.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence relationships positively.
- Superior project management skills and the ability to take initiative working with the direction of management; must be able to take ownership of projects, creatively problem solve and see through to completion
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of public relations, media relations, and journalistic writing and reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different public outreach activities, such as production of radio and television programs.
- Maintain superior levels of professionalism while working under pressure in a fast-paced and sometimes difficult environment.
- Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications areas, as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Applications (i.e. Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets, etc.).
- Familiarity using a digital camera and videotaping equipment.
- Communication and Language requirements are per the below:
- The candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English and French at a level IV.
SUBMITTING AN OFFER: Interested applicants must submit:
- Her/his resume or most current curriculum vitae (CV) – The CV/resume must contain sufficient relevant information to evaluate the application in accordance with the stated evaluation criteria; Written statements that addresses how the applicant meets the required qualifications; any other documents (certificates, degrees, diplomas, etc.)
- Eligible offerors are required to complete and submit the offer form AID 309-2, “Offeror Information for Personal Services Contracts with Individuals,” available at http://www.usaid.gov/forms.
- Applications must be received by the closing date and time specified in this solicitation 72068819R00012 to USAID/Mali PSC applications mail Box at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Offeror submissions must clearly reference the number of this Solicitation to ensure the offer is for the position in this Solicitation.
- Three (3) professional references, who are not family members or relatives, with working telephone and email
USAID/Mali reserves the right to obtain from previous employers relevant information concerning the applicant’s past performance and may consider such information in its final decision.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: December 19, 2019 at 5:00pm