Contract: Fixed Term, 12 Months
Salary: 34,920 GBP per annum for UK based candidates / 27,936 GBP per annum for Mali based candidate
Closing date: 15th July 2021
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief Worldwide are currently recruiting for the position of a Regional Desk Coordinator based in Mali/UK. The Regional Desk Coordinator will provide support to allocated country offices in delivery of effective programmes according to the Country Programme and Regional Strategies and raising the profile amongst donors and potential funders.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in development/humanitarian areas
- An in-depth understanding of international development issues
- Proven track record of working in a similar role with an International NGO.
- Proven track record of field work experience with INGOs in developing countries in rehabilitation; development and emergency contexts
- Experience of successfully fundraising and dealing with institutional donors and international donors
- Experience of and commitment to a participatory, supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of programmes; use of quantitative and qualitative research data collection in support of programme development.
- Proven experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with experience of writing quality proposals and reports
- Experience of distance management
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to others’ views and perspectives, and conflict resolution.
- Experience of working on emergency and/or disaster preparedness programmes in developing countries
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please visit www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us to apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place in last week of July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- Screening clearance
- Proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK/Mali (for candidates interested for either base location)
- Receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for this roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK or Mali. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please send your CV and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org before July 15th, 2021
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief: (Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)