Vacancy Announcement – Regional Coordination Advisor
|Job Title:||Regional Coordination Advisor (TC-FRSD, lusophone ECOWAS Member States)|
|Min. qualification:||M.A. in Development Studies, Social or Economic Sciences or equivalent|
|Organization:||GIZ Nigeria, FRSD|
|Salary:||According to GIZ salary scale for band 4|
|Closing Date of advert||24.08.2022|
GIZ. Solutions that work.
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. Our approximately 23,500 employees, almost 70 percent of whom are national personnel, work in a round 120 countries (July 2020)
GIZ has worked in Nigeria since 1974. Since 2004, GIZ has maintained a country office in the capital city Abuja. Currently, 464 national and regional employees, 66 international employees, 6 integrated experts, and 3 development advisors are working in the country (June 2022).
The » TC-Fund for Regional Stabilisation and Development in Fragile Regions in ECOWAS Member States » is financed by the Federal Ministry for Development and Cooperation (BMZ) and implemented in cooperation with the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) in selected ECOWAS member states. The project advises the ECOWAS Commission on the establishment of a fund as a sustainable instrument for shaping social and economic stabilisation processes in the region and has been piloting a measure in The Gambia since 2019. The ECOWAS Stabilisation Fund has two funding windows for financial (FC) and technical cooperation (TC) tasks in the form of a joint political governance structure (ECOWAS Commission, BMZ). Together with the partner, the programme examines needs to improve the employment and income situation of young people and strengthen social cohesion in Guinea-Bissau, Niger and Mali. Selected projects will be implemented in the TC funding window by national implementation partners from 2022.
Responsibilities & tasks:
In your role you are responsible for partner management and the technical, substantive and organizational implementation of project activities in francophone ECOWAS Member States. In consultation with your line manager and in coordination with team colleagues, project and partner units you are responsible for
- Planning, steering, operationalisation and monitoring of activities in lusophone ECOWAS member states (Guinea-Bissau) related to the operational cycle of the FRSD, from steering board decisions to needs assessment to selection of implementing agencies to completion of project activities, implemented by partners
- Continued liaison and cooperation with project key stakeholders, including partners, implementing agencies and experts in respective member states and the facilitation of meeting and events in the country whenever necessary
- Advise on technical key topics and contracting of experts and other services to support all project activities, including contribution to the establishment of a programme`s consultant database
- Follow-up and reporting on project activities, including the creation of a continued flow of information on the status quo of the activities to key stakeholders
- Prepare and review reports, presentations, working papers and similar documents in close collaboration with the team and key stakeholders in a multi-lingual environment
- Communication and Knowledge Management related to all project activities
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- A. in Development Studies, Social or Economic Sciences or equivalent
Professional Experience (field and minimum duration):
- At least 3 years of experience in technical advisory services and/or project management) in international development cooperation in West Africa preferred
- Several years of work experience in partner liaison management, strategic planning and monitoring with partners and facilitation of partner-related activities
- Knowledge of contracting instruments and procedures, in particular in the implementation of projects with public sector institutions and civil society organisations
- A minimum of 3 years work experience and technical knowledge in the fields of integrated approaches in the agricultural sector, youth, social cohesion and sports, capacity development of local partners or similar
Other experiences and skills (e.g. language, IT-skills, social and personal skills, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills in Portuguese (native speaker preferred)
- Professional proficiency in English (spoken and written); alternatively French and willingness to upscale English language capacities
- Excellent ICT working knowledge
Commitment and diplomatic skills, gender competence and high ability to work in an international and remote team
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include vacancy no. 076 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted