Vacant Position advertisement: USAID/Mali Executive Office Records and Correspondence Management Clerk
REF No.: 72068820R10002 (must be inserted in the subject line of the email)
GRADE LEVEL: FCFA 5,019,746 TO FCFA 7,780,622 equivalent to FSN-5. The incumbent will be compensated in accordance with the U.S. Mission Mali’s Local Compensation Plan (LCP). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
BASIC FUNCTION: This position is within the Executive Office. The incumbent reports to the Records Liaison Specialist, and is responsible for the operation of the mailroom including the smooth flow of unclassified mail/messages within the Mission and to/from outside correspondents. S/he is also responsible for the operation of the business center, the coordination & supervision of Mission’s copiers and faxes maintenance as well as carrying/making payments to vendors. S/he will serve as a backup in the absence of the Records Liaison Specialist.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Files, Records and Mailroom Management — 50%
The incumbent is responsible for the smooth flow of unclassified mail, messages, documents, packages, newspapers, and pouch both within the Mission and to/from outside correspondents.
- S/he prepares the regular delivery schedule and coordinates all emergency deliveries as needed. With guidance from the Records Liaison Specialist, s/he also delivers and sorts mail (USAID/Mali, Contractors’, etc.) pouch and parcels to/from the Chancery mailroom. S/he registers all mail and ensures proper distribution.
- S/he checks outgoing mail for proper addresses or otherwise prepares it for mailing and segregates it for placement in outgoing pouch. Coordinates mail matters with the Local Post office, DHL, Fedex a/o other courier service providers.
- S/he serves as primary contact person for all mail matters including pickup/delivery, coordination with the service provider/contractor for mail distribution within and outside of Bamako.
- S/he must maintain a log of pouch and DPO addresses assigned to USAID/Mali personnel. S/he must also keep chronological files for the incoming/outgoing mail, documents, invitations, etc.
- Briefs newcomers/departing employees on mail procedures (Mail regulations, how to package and ship official & personal mail, forwarding addresses, etc.).
- The employee will assist Correspondence and Records (C&R) duties to cover the Records Liaison Specialist in case of absence of the above position. The position may be involved in various clerical tasks such as providing materials regarding files plan and Vital Records preparation, disposition of the records and retrieval of files from the records Storage room.
2) Administrative Support — 25%
- S/he assists with the delivery of payments to local service providers on behalf of the Mission a/o its Expatriate Staff (USDHs, USPSCs, and TCNPSCs). Services include telephone, cable TV, Internet, subscriptions, etc.
- S/he coordinates the maintenance and servicing of copiers and fax machines by the service provider/Contractor.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of copiers and faxes such as removing paper-jams, replacing cartridges, refilling paper trays, etc.
- Checks invoices received from service providers for accuracy (official landlines/faxes, official cellphone bills, official cable TV, etc.)
3) Business Center Support — 25%
- Incumbent will perform reproduction services to include copy of training material, large/small copy jobs, binding, lamination, etc.
- Printing business cards for Mission personnel (for newcomers upon arrival and other personnel upon approval).
- Manage the business cards files and ensure it is up-to-date.
- Submit e-services requests related to telephone extension (adding and assigning extensions, moving a/o removing extensions, etc.)
- Manage the Mission Telephone directory, cascade and emergency contact lists.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications below and ONLY preselected candidates will be contacted:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with a valid work permit at the time of application.
- Education: Successful completion of secondary school studies is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Two years of previous secretarial/administrative and/or mail distribution experience required. Business center management experience is preferred.
- Language Proficiency: Level III (good) oral and written English and French is required.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of general mail handling operations and procedures, office organizational functions, and modern office operations. Computer skills including knowledge of mail platforms (Google Mail) and Microsoft Office Suite is preferred; Working knowledge of USG regulations on correspondences and records controls is preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: The incumbent must possess the management ability to organize mails, parcels, and records and files management program efficiently. He/she must also possess basic troubleshooting techniques of copiers/fax machine and some knowledge of the local market. He/she should be resourceful, courteous and tactful yet effective in explaining basic procedures and requirements to Mission staff. Ability to upgrade skills and to advise prospective users of system limitations or other priorities is a necessity. Must have a valid vehicle driving license.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications noted above. For applicants meeting the minimum qualifications, further consideration and selection will be based on panel assessment of the selection factors listed below.
Applicants are required to address each of the selection criteria on a separate sheet describing specifically and accurately what experience, training, education, and/or awards or recognition they have received relevant to each criteria described below, and any related considerations.
Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
TO APPLY: All cv/resume and cover letter must be in English; otherwise application package will be considered as incomplete and will be rejected. All the hiring process will be conducted in English, including interviews and any eventual proficiency written test.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
- A cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of subject position.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the subject position.
- Copy of Diplômas, degrees, certificates and/or ‘‘Attestation de travail’’, recommendation letters, etc.
- Three (3) to five (5) professional references with complete contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers. References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the application and must not be family members or relatives.
- Full mailing address with telephone, facsimile numbers and email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
SUBMIT APPLICATION: Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068820R10002 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line.