2 years Local Appointment
Location: Bamako, Mali
The World Bank Office in Bamako seeks applications from qualified local candidates for the vacant position of Receptionist to support office and contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the Mali Country Office. Tasks may vary according to the office support needs and requirements of the reception work, but typically encompass basic office functions ranging from photocopying to light word processing.
The receptionist duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs basic office functions including: welcoming visitors guiding and giving them appropriate information, sorting and distributing incoming mails, answering telephones and any other tasks related to the reception, assisting in maintaining unit files in WBDocs, photocopying, delivering urgent mails / messages, managing the pouch system, handling courier services, etc.
- Uses basic keyboard and word processing skills to assist in preparation of short documents, memos, letters, faxes and electronic mail.
- Maintain/ update regularly a data base of CO Contact list and a CO Directory list, including ministries, UN agencies, hospitals, hotels, embassies etc. and arranges for its distribution at regular intervals.
- Works implies frequent interaction with other colleagues in Mali Country Office, visiting missions and Counterpart staff as well as external clients.
Among other criteria, the successful candidate should be holding:
- At least the level of high school degree in administration, secretariat, business administration with 3 years of experience, preferably in a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French. A good command of English and work experience in development organization would be an advantage;
Applications: For the FULL job description, selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on > Current job openings > Go to New Job Site > Req1649. The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is January 25, 2019.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.