Brief Description of Position:
The Project Management Specialist (hereafter referred to as Education Program Manager) will serve as a senior technical advisor on USAID/Mali’s Basic Education Team. USAID Mali’s $90 million Education portfolio focuses on three (3) goals as aligned with the Education Global Education strategy. These include: improved reading skills for 100 million children in primary grades, improved ability of tertiary and workforce development program to generate relevant workforce skills, and increased equitable access to education in conflict and crises. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical leadership across the portfolio, managing projects, representing USAID to the government of Mali and at donor working groups, and leading coordination with the government of Mali technical working groups and internal Mission working groups.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
- Malian citizens or local residents at the time of application;
- A university degree in education or equivalent degree in social sciences or public administration is required. A graduate degree is preferred; a graduate degree from a U.S. institution is highly desirable;
- Five to eight years of progressively more responsible experience managing and implementing education programs, preferably large-scale programs that aim to improve basic education in Mali. Extensive knowledge of Mali’s education sector reforms (PRODEC and PISE) is required. Previous experience working with high-level representatives of the MoE and donor community is required. Relevant past experience is highly desired, for example in education system management, education policy, decentralization, teacher training, student instruction and assessment, girls’ education, use of radio and/or ICTs in education, commune/community participation in education, and Education in Emergency, Crises, and Post-Conflict settings, and programming for IDP students. Past experience working with USAID programs, other donor-funded programs, and/or with PVOs and local NGOs would be an advantage. Previous supervisory experience a plus. At least three years’ experience managing large-scale education development programs in Francophone Africa is highly desired;
- Proficiency in both oral and written French (level 4) and English (level 4);
- Extensive knowledge of international education issues, as well as trends in Mali and West Africa;
- Thorough knowledge of the Malian basic education system, its evolution and the challenges and issues involved in achieving reform as proposed under PRODEC and the Education Sector Investment Program (PISE);
- Expert-level knowledge of education program management;
- Technical knowledge of national education policies, education system planning and management, teacher training, student instruction and assessment, girls’ education, use of ICTs in education, commune/community participation in education, and Education in crisis and conflict environments;
- Some knowledge of USAID/Mali’s education programs in Mali.
- Candidate must comply with the minimum age for employment i.e. 18 years and the maximum age i.e. 53 years.
How to obtain Solicitation: Detailed statement of duties and the qualification requirements for the position are available on the USAID website https://www.usaid.gov/mali/partnership-opportunities/local-vacancy, and U.S. Embassy website https://mali.usembassy.gov
Where to submit application:
Email Applications: submit your application on firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Address for Application Submission:
Supervisory Executive Officer
U.S Agency for International Development
BP 34, Bamako-Mali
Application deadline is October 20, 2017 at 5:00 pm