Agency: USAID / MALI / HEALTH OFFICE
Position: Project Management Specialist (Nutrition), CCN / Grade 11
Solicitation Ref.: USAID-HR-HEALTH-001-2019-PMS
Brief Description of Position: The Project Management Specialist (Nutrition) will provide leadership, program management and technical support for new USAID community integrated health and nutrition programs in Mali in compliance with Global Health Bureau and Global Food Security Initiative activities.
The incumbent is expected to guide, coordinate, manage and monitor the expanding and high profile nutrition related portfolio activities, leading to successful outcomes in reducing stunting and wasting and child mortality in Mali. S/he must interact with a range of colleagues involved in the sector, while maintaining oversight of the overall sector impacts and ensuring the efficient use of USG resources.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with a valid work permit at the time of application;
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health, international health, or social sciences from a recognized institution and/or clinical qualifications. Educational specialization in Nutrition highly desirable.
- Specialized experience in the management of nutrition programs is required. The incumbent will have at least eight years of progressively responsible experience in designing, implementing and managing public health/nutrition programs and activities in developing countries, especially in the West Africa/Malian context.
- Level IV (fluent) English and French language proficiency, in speaking and in writing, is required. Demonstrated ability to make sensitive oral presentations logically and persuasively to senior USG and Government of Mali officials and other donors.
- Specialized mastery of nutrition services and management is required. The position requires detailed knowledge of Mali’s (or other West African) nutrition and health sectors.
How to obtain Solicitation: Detailed statement of duties and the qualification requirements for the position are available on the USAID website http://www.usaid.gov/mali/partnership-opportunities/local-vacancy, and U.S. Embassy website http://mali.usembassy.gov
How to Apply: Submit Application to Human Resources Management Section – Email: email@example.com with the following reference number in the subject line: USAID-HR-HEALTH-001-2019-PMS
Please note that all cv/resumes and cover letters must be in English, otherwise the application package is incomplete and will be rejected.
Deadline for submission is: April 3, 2019 at 17h00 GMT