Vacant Position Advertisement: USAID/Mali Project Management Assistant (Health Office)
GRADE LEVEL: FSN PSC-08 (FCFA 10,714,328 to FCFA 16,607,216) The incumbent will be compensated in accordance with the U.S. Mission Mali’s Local Compensation Plan (LCP). The amount above is the FSN08 basic salary range. The Mission pay plan includes also allowances (transportation, miscellaneous) and benefits (medical insurance). Final compensation will be based on the negotiation within the corresponding market value of the position).
REF No.: HR-HEALTH-003-2019-PMA
The incumbent serves as a Project Management Assistant, managing the office for the 22 person Health Office, who manages roughly 20 activities. The incumbent will take the lead in all administrative management issues and programmatic support. The incumbent will support activity planning, program/project document preparation, process extensions and track commodities. Incumbent is expected to provide efficient high quality office management support and services, processing internal and external documents and communication, maintaining office records, maintaining an official list of contacts in the Government of Mali and civil society organizations, requesting Embassy transportation and logistics for office staff and temporary duty staff visiting from elsewhere, requesting Embassy access for visitors.
The incumbent will utilize solid management and organization skills to ensure that programmatic and administrative needs are accurately considered and immediately accomplished in a qualified manner. The Project Management Assistant shall perform his/her responsibilities as a member of the Operations and Program Team under the direct supervision and in close coordination with the Operations and Program Team Leader (or Deputy Health Office Director as the Operation and Program Team Leader position is currently vacant).
The incumbent will also serve as the primary assistant to the Health Office Director and Deputy Director.
Applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications below:
1. Malian citizens or local residents at the time of application;
2. Education (15 points): At least two years of full-time post-secondary study at college or university in development assistance, business administration or management.
3. Prior Work Experience (30 points): A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible duties in administration and project management experience. Prior experience working for an international organization, a Malian governmental institution, or legal work in a private sector institution required.
4. Language Proficiency (15 points): Fluent in English and French Level IV required. H/she must be capable of drafting error-free routine correspondence and basic translations in English and French.
5. Knowledge (20 points): A strong capacity in general administration, project management, database management, communications and records management, and budgeting is required. A general knowledge of USG programming methods and procedures.
6. Skills and Abilities (20 points): Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with Mission personnel at USAID/Mali and Embassy as well as with host-government, implementing partners, and other donor agencies. Ability to obtain, organize, analyze, evaluate, and present information in clear, concise reports. S/he must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and PowerPoint – including typing skills in French and English, is required. The incumbent must be proactive, flexible, and dedicated, with a willingness to take on new and various tasks and responsibilities.
Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements are available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers
All cv/resume and cover letter must be in English; otherwise application package will be considered as incomplete and will be rejected. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
2. A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the position.
3. Copy of Diplômas, degrees, certificates, recommendation letters, etc.
4. Three (3) to five (5) professional references with complete contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers. References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the application and must not be family members or relatives.
5. Full mailing address with telephone, facsimile numbers and email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: HR-HEALTH-003-2019-PMA in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line of your email.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: MAY 17, 2019 at 5:00pm