The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network, is a private, international, non-denominational development organisation. AKF works to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, without regard to faith, origin or gender. Its projects encompass many of the determinants of the quality of life, including the natural and built environments in both urban and rural areas, food security, health, education, access to financial services and economic opportunity.
AKF Mali is looking for a Project Coordinator for the Strengthening « Soins Essentiels dans la Communauté » Strategy Project (SECPro)
– Location: Bamako, Republic of Mali (with frequent travel in country).
– Contract type: Local
Under the direct supervision of the Health and Nutrition Portfolio Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for technical leadership, coordination and collaboration with all implementing partners, and strategic oversight of all partnerships and activities to achieve the
Mali’s Community Health project objectives.
KEY DUTIES AND TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent will be responsible to:
• Ensure achievement of results in line with the Community Health Project objectives and develop corrective actions.
• Provide technical guidance and leadership for the development of Community Health Workers Advocacy Action Plans at regional and national levels.
• Facilitate, maintain and/or strengthen strategic alliances and partnerships between civil society organization, local government, national and global health institutions and other private sector stakeholders in order to ensure their strong engagement on systemic improvements of the community health in Mali.
• Produce on a timely manner all project narrative reports and contribute to the preparation of financial reports.
• Manage the Knowledge and Learning component of the Community Health Project.
• Provide overall quality assurance during all stages of the Community Health Project.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISES
• Medical Doctorate and Master in Public Health.
• At least ten (10) years of work experience at the national levels in planning, programming, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community health programs.
• At least five (5) years of experience in managing complex partnerships and in engaging stakeholders at the community, regional and national levels.
• Expertise in implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Knowledge Management plans, including the use of ICT4D tools;
• Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office, ICT for Health software, etc.)
• At least 03 years’ experience in planning and implementing advocacy for regional and/or national health policy and strategies, particularly in Mali;
• Strong management, interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
• Fluency in French and English (written and spoken) is required.
Please send your application, including your CV updated (maximum 4 pages), a cover letter and 03 professional references. Hard copies of the submission should be placed in an envelope marked as follows: «Job tittle – Bureau AKDN – Bamako, Immeuble Niangado, 5è étage, boulevard du 22 octobre 1946, Sis quartier du fleuve, face au CICB, Bamako,Tél : (223) 20 22 06 95».
Applicants may also submit the above documents at the following email address: email@example.com, clearly referencing. The Applications should be submitted no later than December 8, 2017 (at 4 pm).