Location: Bamako, Mali
To reinforce its team in Bamako, Akvo is looking for a Program Manager to support the development of its activities in Mali and in the West African region (mainly Mauritania, Senegal, Guinee Conakry and Ghana). As a Program Manager, you will be involved in identifying new opportunities for partnerships in the region as well as implementing activities with Akvo’s partners.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of Akvo’s strategy for the Mali Hub in West Africa
- Program Management of mainly agriculture projects with our partners in Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Guinee Conakry and Ghana
- Reaching out to potential new partners, identify new initiatives and networking in different sectors (focus on the agricultural sector and also work in the water and environment sector, etc.)
- Representing Akvo at events
- Presenting and developing proposals for (mainly agriculture) partners to start using our tools
- Visiting West African partners to support them to understand their technical needs and to advise them in using Akvo tools
- Contributing to the continuous enhancements of Akvo tools in the area of M&E, including data analysis and visualization. Advise partners on best practice in these areas
- Reporting on our activities to partners.
Requirements and competencies:
- At least 7 years experience in programme management, preferably in the development sector
- At least 5 years experience in proposal writing and acquisition
- A background in the agricultural sector
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and work in a results-driven way
- Good experience as well as passion in information technology
- Experience in M&E, GIS or data management is preferable
- Excellent written and spoken English and French
- Experience in international working environment and flexibility to encompass the variety of culture and working styles within Akvo Foundation.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with interesting technologies in a creative and entrepreneurial environment.
- You will be based in Akvo’s office in Bamako, but you will also have the opportunity to take part in training, meetings and field visits in other locations around the world.
- You will be part of our international Akvo community, with colleagues all over the world.
- A competitive salary.
To apply for this position, send your motivation letter and resume to Marja Oostwoud at work(at)akvo.org by the 29th of January 2018.
First interviews will be planned in the week of the 19th of February.
Akvo has a strong preference to work with local talent; applicants from Mali and the West African region are encouraged to apply for the position.
Please mention in the subject: Mali – Program Manager.