Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end-users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 18 million people reached in 2018 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023
About the role:
Reporting to the Country Manager for Mali, this position will be based in Bamako. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will ensure that every large development organization knows about Viamo’s solutions and you will ensure the implementation of Viamo’s deliverables on our projects.
- Work with local and international partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables
- Manage the 3-2-1 Service (Kunafoniw), leading content creation workshops with partner organizations and their stakeholders, including relevant government agencies. Oversee translation and recording, and assist with pretesting of new content. Test the platform, track statistics and produce monthly analyses.
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Mali
- Support the Country Manager in representation to national government agencies and at local events advocating for the use of our mobile technology.
- Malian national.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Experience of 3+ years in any combination of social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D and/or business development
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven experience in co-developing ideas with partners and strong workshop facilitation skills
- Proven Project management experience, including narrative and financial reporting and budgeting for international donors. (Experience implementing USG-funded projects desirable)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience in business development. A history of submitting winning applications to international donors is an asset
- Experience in Social Behavior Change (SBC) is an asset
- Demonstrated self-management skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
Why work with Viamo?
Make an impact: We take part in meaningful work where millions of users’ access life-changing information and give their voice on key issues
Learn and grow: We face complex challenges and give each other the support to learn and grow personally and professionally through these challenges.
Deliver exceptionally, work flexibly: We measure our success on results and have flexibility in how we work to achieve them
Be a part of our passionate & inspiring team: We build meaningful relationships with driven, supportive and passionate colleagues located around the world in a virtual global community
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter at viamo.io/vacancies