Position: Program Associate
Location: Bamako, Mali
Report: Country Director
Type of contract: Full time
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict —away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
A recipient of numerous awards for innovation and excellence, Search for Common Ground has a great work environment with a mission of peacebuilding in the world. SFCG is a stimulating and richly rewarding organization to work for – full of hard-working, friendly, bright, enthusiastic, and passionate people dedicated to the work they do. There are many opportunities for team-building and involvement in staff events and activities. Security is a top priority for SFCG-Mali, and while this will have an impact on staff movement and travel, our senior management staff strives to ensure a healthy balance of safety precautions and a rich and diverse cultural working environment.
Summary of Position
Based in Bamako, but with frequent visits to SFCG-Mali’s sub offices throughout the country, the Program Associate will provide technical support in both quality and process control and manage business development effort. The position will be responsible for programmatic development with reports and proposals writing. In addition to capturing results and contributing to program implementation, the holder will engage in donor and humanitarian fora contacts.
PROGRAM QUALITY AND PROCESS CONTROL:
This aspect includes supporting quality of programming and ensure the using of Search’s standard process through:
- Ensure that basic SFCG program implementation tools are being used and shared, including start- up and close-out protocols, costed & quarterly work plans and monitoring tools. Travel to sub offices to provide support if needed. Participate in key project and program launch and close out meetings, key program events and workshops.
- Ensure that quality donor reports are timely submitted by collecting activities report, monitoring report and redacting the report;
- Ensure Grant information & Reports feeds into the various departments including Search SharePoint;
- Support programs in using organizational best practices in the use of tools and methodologies to implement the program activities
- Supporting the development and terms of reference of activity design accordingly to the project design when needed;
- Supporting program staff in processes for reporting including gathering information and data needed for reporting, visibility, and communications support;
- Supporting information management vis-a-vis the team google drive, and activity trackers;
The Program Associate will support the country program development processes in coordination with the Country Director and Regional Program development coordinator. This aspect includes:
- Support new proposal development and fundraising effort in coordination with the Country Director and Regional Program Development Coordinator;
- Engage and negotiate with local or international partners in the development of a consortium.
- Be a focal point where delegated on donor communications
- Liaise with WAT, ILT, GAP, and Communications to enhance the visibility of the country, through back-stopping on success stories and other data reflecting the change and transformation of our work.
- Other tasks as required
The position will deputize the country director in his absence and will be delegated several representation duties as needed
- University degree in international development, international relations, conflict resolution or related
- 5 years experience in humanitarian sector
- Experience in proposal writing and development
- Familiar with reports formats and writings for donors e.g EU, USAID, UN agencies
- International experience is an added value
- Written and oral proficiency in English and French
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong attention to details
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and coordinate and compile information from various sources.
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural team.
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
To apply, interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume, including salary expectation and start date, to email@example.com before novembre 14, 2019