2 years Local Appointment
Location: Bamako, Mali
The World Bank Mali Country Office (CO) is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as Program Assistant. The Africa region attaches importance to creating a supportive work environment, based on the values of teamwork, transparency, trust, client service, and professional excellence. The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Mali Country Office
The Program Assistant duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
(I) Operational and administrative support:
- Provide a wide range of office support to the World Bank Bamako office Country Direction Front Office and management to make a significant contribution to the achievement of the unit work program.
- Provide specialized support for database management, task management, major event planning and logistics, travel arrangements, editorial assistance, etc.
- Handle incoming and outgoing written & verbal communications with clients and Government partners.
- Draft, edit and translate routine correspondence applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and/or French with high quality and writing standards.
- Maintain accurate and efficient filing (paper and electronic)
- Back-up of administrative team colleagues when necessary
- Among other criteria, the successful candidate should be holding:
- Preferably a Diploma in Business Administration, Office Management or Secretarial Studies
- Five (5) years relevant work experience within a large International Organization, INGO, Development Projects or Private Sector
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet applications; Ability to pass relevant WBG tests as required.
Applications: For the FULL job description, selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on > Current job openings > Go to New Job Site > Req678.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is October 18, 2018. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.worldbank.org.