Vacant Position Advertisement: USAID/Mali Partner Liaison Security Specialist
GRADE LEVEL: FSN-10 FCFA 17,481,649 TO FCFA 27,096,565 equivalent to FSN-10. The incumbent will be compensated in accordance with the U.S. Mission Mali’s Local Compensation Plan (LCP). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
REF No.: 72068819R10004
The basic function of the Security Specialist (Partner Liaison) (PLSA) is to provide a high level of safety, security, and operational support to USAID/Mali Implementing Partners (IPs) through proactive engagement including meetings, site visits, written communications, and SMS texts. Additionally, the PLSA will liaison and coordinate with Mali security elements, other Host Government Entities, and International Donor Organizations. This position is located in Bamako, the capital city of Mali, at USAID/Mali which is collocated with the US Embassy. The incumbent will travel to USAID/Mali program activity implementation sites within the constraints imposed by security restrictions. The PLSA is a staff member of the Partner Liaison Security Office (PLSO). USAID/Mali manages the U.S. Government’s development program in Mali. The Mission portfolio includes a broad range of economic growth, democracy, education, stabilization, and health activities which require communications and outreach support. Safety and security are serious issues in Mali. Travel within much of Mali is restricted and subject to the approval of the Regional Security Office (RSO).
Applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications below:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with valid work permit at the time of application.
- Education: A bachelor degree in International Development, Business Administration, Disaster Response, Safety and Security Operations, Crisis management and/or Development Planning is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Five years of work-related experience is required. Relevant work experience for this position is experience in safety and security operations, disaster response, crisis management, development planning and international development is required.
- Language Proficiency: Level IV proficiency in oral and written English and French (Level 4) are required. Proficiency in local languages such as Bambara and Fulani is highly desirable.
- Job Knowledge: Proficient use of MS office suite of products required. Completion of certified Safety and Security training programs (FEMA, OFDA, Red Cross, etc.) is required. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English is required. Completion of certified First Aid program is desired. Knowledge of Geographic information systems (GIS) is required. Candidate must possess a valid Mali driver’s license.
- Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with a broad client base and host country counterparts on safety and security related issues is required. A minimum of five years’ experience working in post conflict and/or post disaster programs for emergency relief, humanitarian assistance or reconstruction is required. Experience traveling and working in remote, rugged terrain and areas of unrest under arduous conditions is required. Specialized expertise in supporting safety and security operations of a USG agency, bilateral organization, international non-governmental organization, or private company is required. Work experience in Mali is essential.
Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements are available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers
All cv/resume and cover letter must be in English; otherwise application package will be considered as incomplete and will be rejected. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
- A cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of subject position.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the position.
- Copy of Diplômas, degrees, certificates, recommendation letters, etc.
- Three (3) to five (5) professional references with complete contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers. References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the application and must not be family members or relatives.
- Full mailing address with telephone, facsimile numbers and email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068819R10004 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line of your email.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: July 18, 2019