Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Specialist — Mali
Project: The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM)
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist for a full-time position located in Bamako, Mali. We seek innovation and highly motivated individuals to work on our team.
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain– Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC- PSM) Mali Program is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of United States Government (USG)-funded public health initiatives in Mali.
The Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Specialist will be responsible for the knowledge management and communications activities, internal and external, to support GHSC-PSM in Mali. The KMC Specialist will report to the Country Director of GHSC-PSM Mali.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, implement, and manage the communications strategy for GHSC-PSM under the leadership of the Country Director.
• Establish and socialize KMC systems, platforms, processes, and tools to support efficient and effective knowledge management.
• Responsible for the preparation, editing, and submission of contract deliverables to USAID and ensure all program deliverables, trainings, and technical reports comply with USAID branding guidelines.
• Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s headquarters KMC team, providing data and information to support global communication initiatives and activities, including campaigns, annual reports, and other communications activities.
• Synthesize technical information to produce and disseminate accurate and useful knowledge products, such as success stories and lessons learned, in consultation with technical staff.
• Develop, manage, and implement advertising campaigns and public awareness campaigns.
• Provide strategic and programmatic advice on communications and knowledge exchange and support project leadership to strengthen program design and implementation.
• Achieve and maintain effective communications with USAID, partner organizations, and other stakeholders.
• Develop and implement strategic communication and learning activities, presentations, events, as well as conducting training and collaborating with monitoring and evaluation team.
• Advanced degree (BA/Master’s) in relevant technical area, preferably communications or journalism.
• At least 7 years of experience in knowledge management and communications.
• Demonstrated experience with communications strategy development and implementation.
• USAID funded project experience strongly preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of USAID’s reporting, branding, and marking requirements.
• Experience producing high-quality communication products for a variety of channels (e.g., print, digital, video).
• Excellent command of English and French (verbal and written) required with a proven ability to rewrite technical information for non-experts.
• Experience facilitating workshops and trainings in knowledge management and communication best practices.
• Proven organizational and management skills, ability to work independently and in teams in a multi-cultural context.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle numerous projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrate leadership, good judgment, possesses sensitivity and understanding of how messaging impacts diverse audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with executives, all levels of GHSC-PSM staff, partners and other stakeholders.
• Excellent computer skills in a full range of software, including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Photoshop and/or other graphics programs.
Level of Effort and Location
This is a full-time, long-term position based in Bamako, Mali with intermittent travel throughout the program’s target regions as needed.
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Last Name, First Name – KMC Specialist Mali” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.