2 years Local Appointment
Location: Bamako, Mali
The World Bank Mali Country Office (CO) is looking for an organized, energized and experienced person to assist the Resource Management Officer and provides back support to facilities management activities in the Mali Country Office in the day to day running and operation of the country office. He/she is expected to ensure that administrative processes and facilities generally in the Country Office are running smoothly, continuously and efficiently at all times and that lapses are promptly brought to the attention of appropriate desk officers for immediate resolution.
The Africa region attaches importance to creating a supportive work environment, based on the values of teamwork, transparency, trust, client service, and professional excellence.
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Mali Country Office
The Office Assistant duties and accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
(I) Administrative support:
- Photocopying and scanning of documents.
- Handle Bank publications and adverts in Newspapers and Magazines.
- Handling Pouch services.
- Handling the physical custody of the office supplies.
- Handling Unit correspondence, filing and retrieval of documents.
- Asset and inventory management support: Undertake in coordination with Facilities and IT colleagues at least one mandatory annual inventory check in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Acting as back up for the Facility Assistant and the Receptionist.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the RMO or any person in an acting capacity.
(II) Facilities Management / Maintenance duties
Main Task: To Serve as backup contact for facilities management activities:
Assist the Facilities Assistant (FA) deliver and manage the delivery of a range of services required to provide and maintain an appropriate working / living environment for staff and visitors which is safe and conducive to efficiency and which makes a positive statement about World Bank Group to clients and customers.
- To liaise with FA service contractors and coordinate the day-to-day maintenance activities of the Bamako CO. The approach will be both pro-active (preventative maintenance and inspection) and problem solving.
- To provide support to FA in ensuring operation of building equipment by coordinating preventive and curative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
Perform any other Ad hoc duties as required and directed by the Facilities Assistant.
(III) Selection criteria
- Minimum High Scholl Diploma (HSD) plus 2 years of post HSD training, and at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge or ability to perform routine activities that are specific in objective.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment or plant machinery.
- Basic knowledge of at least one computer application, such as keyboarding/word processing, electronic mail, etc.
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
(IV) Required competencies
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills as technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB Job Details policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
- Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a two-year term appointment.
All applications must be submitted through the below website.
For the FULL job description, selection criteria and required competencies, qualified candidates are requested to submit an on-line application at www.worldbank.org/careers. Click on > Current job openings > Go to New Job Site > req7954.
The World Bank is committed to achieving diversity of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is July 16th, 2020. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.