(RE-OPENED) MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION ADVISOR
|LOCATION: Bamako, Mali with regular field visit in Oxfam intervention area|
|CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term (For Mali Citizens only)||ONE OXFAM GRADE: C|
|JOB FAMILY: Programme||ZONE: 2|
|DEPARTMENT: Media and Communication||TEAM: Communication|
|SALARY: According to OGB Mali||HOURS: (FTE): Full-time 40 hours per week|
|FLEXIBLE WORKING: This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.|
|DEPARTMENT PURPOSE: The overall objective is to lead on media and communication activities for Oxfam’s work in Mali.
TEAM PURPOSE: Showcase Oxfam’s work among the stakeholders & general public; and support team in raise the profile of the Oxfam in Mali in national and international media in order to support fundraising and advocacy efforts
JOB PURPOSE: Under the overall guidance of the Country Director, responsibility of the Communication Advisor for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Oxfam’s strategy for communication and media in Mali, in close coordination with the programme and funding teams.
|JOB REPORTS TO||Country Director|
|ROLES REPORTING TO THIS JOB||N/A|
|BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY||Communication budget|
|GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE||Mali country|
· Develop and Implement Oxfam Mali communication and media strategy in close coordination with programme and funding team, within the framework of programmatic and influence objectives at national, regional and global levels
· Showcase Oxfam’s work through the engagement of media and social media
· Produce high quality communication content and share the products externally for better awareness of Oxfam’s work in Mali
· Serve as Oxfam media & communication lead in country and act as the main resource on communication and media related tasks in Mali and make sure media and communications activities are fully integrated into the Oxfam Mali all strategies especially influencing and advocacy strategy
· Daily interaction with Oxfam Mali Business Support Department, and Programme Development Department, others Oxfam programmes
· Oxfam representative: media, NGOs, INGOs forums, Development actors, government institutes, etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (Technical, Leadership, People and Resource management)
Media &Communication (60%)
· Develop and implement of Oxfam’s communication and media strategy in Mali, within the framework of programmatic and influence objectives at national, regional and global levels;
· Provide creative and viable ideas and proposals to identify and seize media opportunities;
· Proactively identify, meet, build and cultivate relationships with key media to increase Oxfam’s visibility and influence by keeping contacts and databases up-to-date;
· Advise the country management and the management team on all aspects of communication and media;
· Working closely with the programme and influence/campaigns team, contribute to the development of communication strategies and visibility of Oxfam’s programmes and campaigns in Mali, particularly in terms of digital communication;
· Working closely with Programme Managers and the Business Development Manager to help promote Oxfam’s work in Mali with donors and cooperation agencies;
· Develop press releases, statements, blog, stories/testimonies, as well as any content or communication material for identified stakeholders, including the general public;
· Lead and coordinate sign-off processes for communications and media products from Country Director;
· Manage Oxfam’s activities in Mali on social networks, including the Facebook page (and potentially Tweeter), taking into account Oxfam’s various protocols (sign off, risk management, etc.)
· In consultation with the country leadership team, act as a public spokesperson as necessary, thus liaising with the media and other external stakeholders and giving interviews;
· Contribute to safety and emergency plans;
· Ensure that our messages and communication initiatives promote gender equality and respect Oxfam’s values.
· There would be a large degree of autonomy to plan own work and use the resources of partners to achieve strategic aim
Brand and program security (20%)
· Review the key documents produced by the team and provide the editorial review of important Oxfam documents like the produced OCS, COM, Annual reports and other programmatic strategies;
· Contribute to the quality, effectiveness and impact of Oxfam’s communications initiatives in the country, taking into account potential risks at Oxfam’s brand level;
· Spread Oxfam’s branding and values policies and ensure that donor proposals and programmatic activities are aligned with these policies;
· Liaison with program teams and affiliates to ensure proper risk management.
Cooperation with Oxfam partners (10%)
· To facilitate the ability of Oxfam’s partners to work effectively with the media, through organization, capacity building and information sharing, in particular to amplify the impact of their work through communication and media.
Earnings management (10%)
· Keep the staff concerned, at the country, regional, and global levels, regularly informed of the latest relevant developments;
· Coordinate the program of visits (affiliated representatives, journalists, foreign media, celebrities, etc.) to improve program knowledge by ensuring the learning process of these visits;
· Monitor and make accessible the results and impact of Oxfam’s work in Mali on communication and media, including Oxfam’s campaigns.
Note: The content of these responsibilities may be changed to meet the needs of Oxfam’s Mali office.
· Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences, gender and protection issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities;
· Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work;
· Commitment to undertake Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adherence of relevant policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible;
· Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions;
· Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen;
· Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences;
1. Be committed to our feminist principles, and to applying them in your day-to-day behaviour and your work. Be ready to keep learning, with accountability to those who experience oppression as a result of their identities, such as their gender, race/ethnicity, disability, class, or LGBTQIA identity. »
2. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.
|EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES|
|Self Awarness: able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes. We self-moderate appropriately to different context thereby optimizing our ability to achieve goals.
Humility: Put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization. We work to achieve goals together not just individually.
System Thinking: view problems as parts of an overall system and our contributions to change in relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage intended and unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
Strategic Thinking and Judgment: use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
|· Knowledge or appreciation of Mali in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region;
· Good interpersonal, influencing, diplomacy negotiating skills;
· Adaptable and resilient, with previous experience of, and willingness to accept, high-risk, insecure contexts, restricted movements and basic living conditions, shared with colleagues;
· Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Oxfam International.
|Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.|
Comment postuler :
Aller sur le lien ci-après et soumettre votre la lettre de motivation ainsi que CV mis à jour: https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/19315/description
Pour postuler à cette offre, merci de visiter : jobs.oxfam.org.uk.