Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Co-ordinator
|BASE LOCATION:||Bamako (with travel to North and South Mali)|
|REPORTING TO:||Country Director|
|LINE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:||MEAL Officers and MEAL Assistant|
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Through capacity building and through technical and programme support, the International Programme Division (IPD) keeps the organisation focused on the socio-economic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people.
The division reinforces Islamic Relief Worldwide’s (IRW’s) implementing structure to enable these people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organisation is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises.
The division increases the organisation’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organisation’s donors.
Reporting to the Country Director, the MEAL Coordinator will manage MEAL & MEAL related activities of all programs/projects being implemented under IR Mali country office. He/she is responsible to ensure that the delivery of the programs is in line with IR Mali result based approach, donor requirement, IRW MEAL framework and specific programmatic approaches. He/she will ensure & strengthen that strong MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the programs is of high quality to be accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors. The role will contribute towards delivering on Islamic Relief Mali’s strategic approach to programme delivery; including in conducting evaluations, and in ensuring that the capacities of M&E staff are built to a high standard and maintained.
The role holder will work closely with the following:
- Programme Team and colleagues in country office and sub-offices
- Regional Desk, Programme Quality and Humanitarian Department
- External networks focusing on MEAL
The role holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
1. To support the programme of monitoring and evaluation of IR Mali operations
- Lead on the development of an effective framework, guidelines, assurance system, and tools in relation to MEAL, and in the development of strategies and mechanisms to integrate MEAL into country office programmes and processes.
- Lead in the development and ongoing use of technology to collect impact, outcome, and output level data from project evaluations.
- Leading and manage result management aspects including taking an active role in framing baseline and end line evaluation and impact assessment questions and development, adaptation and testing of monitoring & evaluation and TORs
- Undertake responsibility of the rolling-out of IRW MEAL framework for IR Mali and field offices.
- Ensure programmes/projects are using quality benchmarks and result bases as part of their day to day implementation and quality monitoring practices
- Co-ordinate efforts to ensure that all MEAL activities uphold a commitment to gender equality, age sensitivity, and the inclusion of marginalised groups.
- Ensure that MEAL evidences are used for management decision making.
- Oversee the implementation of Project/ Programme baseline and evaluation findings
- Ensure that the country program operation and project staffs understand IR Mali MEAL framework and its application in all projects with uniform fashion.
- Provide technical support and participate as required in all other aspects of MEAL at country office and field offices level for example surveys, assessments, baselines surveys, evaluations, joint projects reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Ensure periodic reports are as per the standard quality, standard template, and time frame and communicated accordingly.
- Work to ensure that all projects have context based “Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) for the functionality of IR Mali accountability.
- Ensure all projects incorporate child protection and GBV issue in their monitoring checklist to regularly monitor its implementation status.
2. Capacity-building, accountability, learning and innovation
- Provide technical support to programme staffs in IR Mali country office and field office to ensure that the MEAL system is operational in all departments.
- Support efforts to develop, promote, and maintain a strong culture of learning and innovation amongst MEAL colleagues
- Lead ongoing efforts to identify gaps in knowledge for all MEAL staff, and support measures to develop their capacity so that they meet the minimum IRW and international standards in relation to MEAL.
- Support verification and reviews of IRQMS, CHS and other accountability and quality standards as part of country office evaluations.
- Undertake data analysis and provides descriptive statistical information to appropriate data user
- Provide technical support for programme staffs that helps to ensure program data are well secured through electronic backup system and hard copy filing.
- Assist and give a technical support to all projects to develop and how to implement MEAL plans.
- Provide guidance for projects to collect quality monitoring data in a timely manner and collate / organize data for reporting to the country office and field office.
- Plan and implement capacity building tasks to create knowledgeable program team on MEAL through providing trainings, mentoring and other technical supports.
- Develop systems that learnings from projects are properly tracked and shared and properly documented and used for new program/project designing.
- Provide inductions to new staff on MEAL and work with all staffs in the organisation to increase capacity in accountability through training and direct support.
- Maintain regular communication and interaction with partners to facilitate and promote learning and information sharing between IR Mali and the partner organizations.
- Invest in self-capacity building and develop higher competencies and skills, with support from the line manager.
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or required from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
At least degree in a related subject such as social sciences or international development, or a recognised relevant professional qualification in monitoring & evaluation, or qualified through experience.
- Proven analytical ability, both qualitative and quantitative, including ability to process large amounts of information and to present data in creative and engaging ways.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build strong and effective working relationships, and bringing people together to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Good oral and written presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of current MEAL thinking.
- Broad understanding of international development and humanitarian programming approaches and willingness to develop deeper understanding of various sectors.
- An ability to work on own initiative, as part of teams of people of diverse backgrounds, and to have a flexible attitude to work.
- Proven ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise both oral and well-written reports. · Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French.
- Working calmly under pressure and meeting strict deadlines
- Proven experience in analysing data which enables sound conclusion and recommendations to be drawn.
- An understanding of the use of and gaining insight from data and research, to add value.
- Some experience of international development or humanitarian programming.
- An ability to work with internal and external stakeholders, and influence them towards achieving a goal.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with often changing and competing priorities.
- Willingness to take ownership of own development, with the support of the line manager and of Islamic Relief Worldwide as a whole
FILE TO PROVIDE :
- A cv.
- A letter of motivation.
- Certified copies of diplomas and relevant certificates.
- Names and addresses of two references.
Applications must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying the nature of the position « Meal Coordinator ».
Applications will be accepted until april 12, 2021 at 4:30 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
Applications will not be returned.
Incomplete applications will be eliminated.