Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Mali Peacebuilding, Stabilization, and Reconciliation (PS&R) Project, Mali
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The anticipated USAID/Mali Peacebuilding, Stabilization, and Reconciliation Project is a five-year program that is expected to improve prospects for long-term peace, security, and reconciliation by strengthening the positive resilience of communities working in partnership with their elected officials. Activities will include the development of early warning and response systems, support for scalable and sustainable community-driven peacebuilding, stabilization, and recovery efforts in conflict-affected areas and areas at risk of conflict, and efforts to address the needs of youth and victims of violence.
**Please Note: Only local Malian citizens are eligible for this position.**
Under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP), the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will be responsible for management and oversight of all operational, procurement and logistical aspects of program activities, including oversight of grants awards and sub-contracts.
As part of the program implementation team and under the supervision of the COP, the DCOP will be in charge of the following responsibilities:
- Oversee grants and sub-contracts in compliance with MSI and USAID policies and regulations
- Oversee the procurement of commodities, lease office space in line with USAID, contractor and U.S security regulations.
- Provide oversight to administrative aspects of project including procurement, human resources, accounting, and IT systems.
- Oversee the management of the day-to-day operations of office.
- Supervise travel arrangements of international and local staff and consultants, in accordance with regulations.
- Track budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Contribute to the overall program planning, monitoring, and reporting.
- Coordinate communication with project partners.
- Work with the M&E officer to review and refine M&E plans and data collection tools and contributing to periodic reports.
- Serve as Acting Chief of Party in his/her absence.
- Minimum of seven (7) years professional experience in international development with at least three years of experience in leadership positions managing or implementing projects within a fragile or transitional state environment or security-challenged environments.
- Master’s degree in development studies, political sciences, public affairs, and/or development administration.
- Demonstrated management expertise in leading diverse teams, strong interpersonal skills and expertise in program management (strategy development, M&E, staff oversight, contractual compliance, and financial management) required, ideally in a complex, challenging environment
- Advanced technical expertise in systems strengthening skills, in areas such as: public sector and civil society capacity building; accountability and transparency; results-based management; performance improvement; evidence-based decision making; strategic planning and budgeting; human resources (HRH is ideal); policy change management, and other management systems strengthening approaches.
- Familiarity with the political, social, cultural, and security context in the region is required.
- Experience working in Northern Mali is preferred.
- Fluency in French and English required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
Pour postuler, veuillez consulter l'URL suivante : http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp;jsessionid=8AB44BB9D6E3572E5E228CCF451C8C09?org=MSI&cws=2&rid=5803 →