IT Support Assistant
World Bank Bamako, Mali Country Office
The main duties of this role are defined around first level IT client service within the country office and follow task norms associated with ITIL standards for helpdesk service. Additional tasks include IT training for clients, asset management, and hardware repairs. This role requires frequent interaction with clients, desk-side IT coaching, and has a limited network administrator role. This is an entry level, IT support role where candidates are expected to have a minimum of 4 years of experience. Recent university graduates who have attained a bachelor’s degree in areas of IT or related disciplines, are encouraged to submit CVs for consideration. This position has a 2-year contract.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides standard support for mobile devices including smart phones, tablets and laptops computers.
- Provides office level network administration, including routine troubleshooting, maintenance and hardware\software upgrades.
- Installs, configures, and supports Bank-standard hardware and software.
- Provides technical support to office staff and visiting missions.
- Ensures that World Bank information and IT systems are protected in a manner consistent with information security policy, procedures and standards.
- Provides direction, support and training to clients. Helps clients solve IT problems.
- Facilitates preparation for videoconferences and other collaborative activities, such as Webex sessions.
- Manages all local IT assets and assists clients to manage data.
- Information Technology diploma or university degree, preferably in Computer Science or related area, plus a minimum 4 years of experience providing IT support or facilitating IT training in an end-user environment.
- Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in oral and written communications in English.
- Copes effectively and is productive under work stress.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a virtual team environment.
- Languages expected: English and French.
To apply, qualified candidates are requested to go to www.worldbank.org/jobs and then follow links to Current Openings, then in the « Keyword or ReqID » search field enter Req number 3262 and apply for the position ET Temporary Bamako.
The deadline for applications is June 23, 2019.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.