|Principal Job Objectives:||The Mine Engineer – Planning reports to the Chief Mine Engineer, and the primary role is to ensure that short, medium and long term mine plans are implemented to optimise the life of mine.|
|Duties & Responsibilities:|
- Develop with the Chief Mine Engineer the rolling six month plan in final design stage, and six to twelve months in preliminary design stage using the applicable software.
- Review mine designs and update where required
- Review planning guidelines and strategies to optimise mining processes
- Safe and efficient completion of mine planning work.
- Generate short (weekly and monthly), medium (quarterly – six monthly) and long term mine plans (1-2 years)
- Update and review mine schedules as and when required
- Collaborate with the mine engineer production and mine geologists to ensure the smooth running and achievement of production targets
- Ensure ROM stockpiling strategy is maintained and ensure adequate ore supply to the mill at all times
- Manage geotechnical consultant and adopt recommendations for pit slopes and waste rock facility design parameters
- Carry out conceptual mining studies on new ore bodies.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly schedules to meet the forecasts.
- Develop short term schedules and assist Production Engineers with implementation of designs.
- Review costs for Life of Mine Plan and develop cut-off grades strategies for Ore Reserve Estimations and ore blocking by the geologists.
- Deputise for the Chief Mine Engineer in his absence
|Knowledge / Skills|
- Competent in the use of mine planning and scheduling software applications.
- Good skills in spreadsheet and presentation applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
|Training / Education requirements:|
- Tertiary Qualifications in Mining Engineering or a related discipline.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Senior First Aid certificate (desirable).
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the mining industry.
- Ability to maintain or exceed best industry practice in all mine engineering replated tasks.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Long term mine planning experience
- Production and planning experience in an open pit environment
- Understanding of Geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to work effective in small professional teams.
- French (Fluent), English (High to Fluent), Bambara (Fluent)