Plan International is a humanitarian, child centred development organisation without religious, political or governmental affiliation. Plan is committed to protecting and promoting child rights, and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity.
Plan aims to achieve long lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries, through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives.
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedures reflect this.
By the way of this announcement, the representation of Plan International in Mali (Plan International) is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Human Resources & Organizational Development Manager based in the Country Office (Bamako). It is a senior management post.
The Country HROD Manager must ensure manager and staff expectations are effectively managed and enhance the working relationship between HR operations, management teams and employees. By having clearly defined service level agreements (SLAs), this will drive customer service and operational excellence through specific response times, allowing the HR shared services team to better manage workload and priorities to drive high levels of responsiveness, accuracy and overall customer service.
· Member of the Country Management Team and reporting to the Country Director on all areas of opportunity, risks and long term HR delivery;
· Directly manages HR team: 1 HR Advisor and 1 HR Officer;
· Oversees HR needs of all the staff of the country office and the PIIAs;
· Has responsibility for compliance with organizational and statutory policies and laws on Human Resources;
· Act as National Child and Youth Safeguarding Policy focal point to ensure all standards effective implementation;
· Budget responsibility limited to area specific matters;
· The monitoring of HR audit actions lists and risk register.
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and strategic direction for the HR function within the country, maximizing the opportunities to build and retain an effective team supportive of the Plan’s business needs while fully cognizant of the risks posed by the local context and the needs of staff in the changing environment
Main responsibilities– Key End Results of Position:
· An excellent team is planned and resourced for maximum impact on programme quality, (HR strategic planning, workforce planning, review of organization structure, roles and competency requirements and standardized Job descriptions for each position, timely and fair recruitment processes, etc.);
· Plan International Mali is supported by an effective HR team (line management and development of two HR Assistants for an effective HR team);
· On-boarding/Induction/Orientation: staff joining Plan International Mali are effectively informed about the organization, its strategies and the purpose of their role in the fulfilment of the strategy (preparation of materials and events for on-boarding/induction/orientation, effective training/development support for individuals and general needs, etc.);
· Staff rewards are paid in a consistent way in accordance with local market competition, Plan’s values and the provision of labour law (salary system kept in line with Plan’s global reward framework, salary and benefits reviews based on analysis of salary survey results, etc.);
· Staff are aware of their contractual rights and responsibilities in delivering their work for Plan in line with the Code of Conduct and other policies (local and global HR and child protection policies well understood and consistently implemented across Plan International Mali, team performance accountability mechanism in place, HR Manual reviewed and disseminated to staffs in line with local labour law requirements and aligned with Plan’s policies, etc.);
· Risks presented by context are managed to provide maximum prevention (information and trainings available to improve staff skills and resilience, advisory packs produced and revised regularly for all visitors, Incident reporting on all risk issues set up and managed, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
· Excellent technical knowledge on general HR areas as indicated by the duties above
· HR graduate (masters in Human Resources Management or equivalent) preferred
· Knowledge of organizational development to support a changing Programme an advantage
· Firsthand experience and knowledge of working in development sectors in Mali or other West Africa Context in particular an advantage.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills, both in English and French
· Proven skills in the full range of general HR needs including data management, recruitment, pay and employee relations is essential
· Skills in supporting strategic planning and human resourcing requirements
· Communication – excellent negotiation and influencing skills
· Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible
· Involves others in setting and achieving goals
· Creates strong sense of purpose within own part of the business and with stakeholders
· Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behavior
· Makes s strong contribution to wider strategy
· Sees contribution of own part of the organization in wider Plan and external context
· Balances future vision with practical delivery
· Able to identify and manage risks to the organization
· Effective communicator
· Cross culturally adept
· Acts as a team player, willing to get the best outcome overall, adjusting own priorities if necessary
· Creates and delivers outcomes in complex partnerships, keeping key stakeholders on board
· Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organization
· Uses opportunities across Plan to develop others
· Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
· Leads major change while keeping staff and stakeholders on board
Physical Environment and Demands:
This post is based in Bamako which at present is a normal operational environment. However, the post-holder must be willing to travel at least 20% within and sometimes outside the country.
Deadline for submission of applications: March 21th, 2019.
* Only the preselected candidates will be contacted
Applications must be made online on the Plan International Mali job site at the link jobs.plan-international.org
with a subject title: Human Resources & Organizational Development Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. The candidate finally selected should comply with the Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy applied in the Organization.
References will be taken, background and Anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Children and Young People Safeguarding Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Pour postuler à cette offre, merci de visiter : jobs.plan-international.org.