About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is a center of scientific excellence that harnesses the benefits of trees for people and the environment. Leveraging the world’s largest repository of agroforestry science and information, we develop knowledge practices, for farmers’ fields to the global sphere, to ensure food security and environmental sustainability.
ICRAF’s headquarters are based in Nairobi, Kenya, and we operate six regional programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our vision is an equitable world where all people have viable livelihoods supported by healthy and productive landscapes. Our mission is to harness the multiple benefits trees provide for agriculture, livelihoods, resilience and the future of our planet, from farmers’ fields through to continental scales.
ICRAF is the only institution conducting globally significant agroforestry research in and for all the developing tropics. Knowledge produced by ICRAF allows governments, development agencies, and farmers to use the power of trees to make farming livelihoods more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable at scales. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
The Human Resources Assistant will provide support to the ICRAF Sahel office in Mali in the areas of contract administration, Recruitment, Employee relations and Performance Management in liaison with the WCA Human Resources and Administrative Manager as per ICRAF HR strategy, policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Representative Mali and direct functional reporting relationship to the WCA Human Resources & Administrative Manager based in the regional office in Cameroon, and in synergic collaboration with ICRAF Sahel Administration Officer.
The successful candidate will mainly provide assistance on the following areas:
- Selection process
- Preparation of Appointment letters/contracts
- On boarding of new staff including induction program
- Follow up on contract renewal reminders in Mali
- Process other staff letters in relation to their contracts
- Update personal files for staff with respective letters
- Process consultancy contracts, badges and maintain consultancy list in collaboration with Sahel Administration Officer
- Maintain and update contract renewal log
- Prepare monthly payroll on time and submit to Finance for Processing
- Effect all national tax deductions and social security as per country labour laws
- Enrol new staff and timely registration to national pension security
- Advising on pay and remuneration package
Provide support on Employee Relations activities
- Assist employees on work matters, career development, personal problems and industrial matters
- Follow up staff insurance contract
- Provide support on staff training activities
- Provide assistance to supervisors and management during the promotion process, provide support as per policy & on time compilation of the data for submission to the regional office
- Provide assistance to employee performance evaluation and ensure the on-time completion of the process
- Perform all HR related tasks in the systems and update dashboard in collaboration with ICRAF Sahel Administration Officer
- Perform student management information system task in collaboration with Sahel Administration Officer
- Participate on the various HR projects e.g. Compliance audits, etc.
- Spouse program
- HIV/AIDS Program
- Staff welfare program in collaboration with Sahel Administration Officer.
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Law
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience as HR support providing administrative support to more than one person at a time, preferably in an international organization
- Knowledge of an organization’s HR systems and policies;
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues;
- Ability to demonstrate administrative skills;
- Mastery of computer (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) and internet;
- A professional and flexible approach to work, with the ability to prioritize;
- Experience in delivering good Customer service;
- Attention to detail;
- Adherence to high quality of work;
- Good written and oral communication skills (in both English and French);
- Good listening skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to take initiative and think outside the box.
Terms of offer
We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is remunerated on local terms under contract of service. The appointment will be for an initial period one-year renewable, subject to a three (3) months’ probation period.
How to apply
Applications will be considered 30 August 2018. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.