Job Reference: GO/MALI/06/2018
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit one experienced and exceptional individual to the role of: Grants Officer (Mali & Burkina Faso). The position is open to Mali nationals and will be based in Bamako, Mali.
Only nationals of the Mali are eligible to apply for this Position.
Reporting to Head of Grants with and with a dotted line relationship to the Regional Head, the Grants Officer will have overall responsibility for providing administrative support to AGRA’s grant making process by ensuring that the AGRA’s grant making procedures are adhered to by program staff and grantees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all grant and contract documentation assembled by program staff is complete and accurate and complies with all AGRA and donor policies and procedures and with local laws and regulations that govern AGRA.
- Maintain a grant tracking database to monitor the flow of project proposals within the GST from the time full grant documentation is received in the grants unit to the time a grant award is issued, and the first payment is made.
- Support the Country team in review of concept notes, proposals, organization capacity assessment and budgets.
- Coordinate the Country Charter Committee.
- Ensure that incoming proposals and declinations are properly recorded in the grants management system.
- Schedule reporting requirements and payments for all new grant investments.
- Coordinates with Country Program staff to analyze, revise and formalize any necessary modifications and/or amendments to grants and contracts.
- Provide onboarding training and technical backstopping on reporting and general compliance
- Monitor grants for closure and make follow up with program staff and grantees.
- Assist the Head-Grants in identifying grantees requiring technical assistance and provide training as needed, including providing assistance in compliance with AGRA grant application and reporting requirements.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial compliance, expenditure reports and support documentation.
- Monitor grantee budget utilization and advise Head of Grants on variances and forecasts.
- Monitor and follow up on grantee compliance requirements including but not limited to AGRA and Donors’ flow-down compliance requirements, audit recommendations etc.
- Timely update of the grant management system on all reports received from grantees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Commercial Domain and equivalent experience in a related field.
- Rich experience and good understanding of “end to end” Grants making and management
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in grantee monitoring and support.
- Good understanding of compliance requirements and experience in monitoring and providing support-supervision to grantees on Donors’ and AGRA’s compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide trainings and on-site support to grantees on compliance
- Working knowledge of key Donor agencies including USAID, Rockefeller Foundation and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, KfW etc.
- Knowledge of GIFTS or other Grants Management Systems is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a team orientation and strong collaborative skills.
- Spoken and written fluency required in English and French (both are mandatory for this position).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV in both French and English (indicating your nationality, e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number.
to be considered, applications must be received by 3rd July, 2018. (Candidates who had applied previously need not apply again).
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer