Vacancy: Finance and HR administrator, full-time
Location: Bamako, Mali
Akvo is looking for a full time finance and HR administrator to support us in the Akvo Mali office in Bamako.
We believe that sustainable change will happen faster if governments and non-governmental organisations become more effective, accountable and collaborative. With a team of data and development experts, an open source data platform and a proven methodology, we help our partners power their decisions to achieve inclusive and sustainable impact. We support the improved management of water, sanitation and agriculture and have a strong commitment to accelerating the progress of the sustainable development goals.
The finance and HR administrator is responsible for the smooth running of the Akvo Mali office. They coordinate the logistics of the office, take care of office repairs and administrative tasks, and ensure that all team members have functioning office equipment. The finance and HR administrator will support the hub manager of the Mali office with their daily operational tasks and work closely with the finance and HR team based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
This position is based in Bamako, Mali, and you will report the hub manager of the Mali office.
● Welcome guests at the Akvo Mali office and ensure the office looks representative every day
● Manage incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
● Coordinate office IT and liaise with the external IT support company
● Purchase office supplies
● Coordinate lunch in the office when necessary
● Coordinate domestic and international travel including visas, flights, and hotel and car reservations
● Assist HR (based in the Netherlands) with local recruitment
● Assist the finance team (based in the Netherlands) with invoices, payments and financial information
● Liaise with the payroll agency for monthly payroll mutations
● Support the hub manager with their daily tasks
● Manage petty cash
Requirements and competences
● At least two years of experience as an office manager or administrative assistant
● A high school degree or other qualification as “secretaire comptable” or “Assistant (e) administrative et financiere” (BT2 or BTS level)
● Basic knowledge and understanding of payroll regulations in Mali
● Knowledge and understanding of finance administration
● Accurate and systematic approach to work
● Excellent intercultural awareness
● Social and a team player
● Ability to work independently and proactively
● Ability to multitask and easily adaptable to changing situations
● Affinity with the development sector is preferred
● Experience with Google suite and MS packages
● Excellent command of English and French in both writing and speaking
What we offer:
· Full time (40 hours/week) employment contract for 12 months, with the intention of building a long-lasting working relationship
· A unique chance to work in an open, ambitious, collaborative environment with very dedicated teams that aim to have a positive impact on the world
· You will be part of our international Akvo community, with motivated and talented people whose diverse backgrounds converge to accomplish shared objectives
To apply for this position, you must be based in Bamako, Mali and/or already in possession of a valid work permit.
The desired start date is mid January 2020. Interviews will take place between 26 December 2019 and 6 January 2020 and will be entirely conducted in English. Please indicate in your motivation letter if you are available for interviews during the above mentioned period.
To apply for this position, or in case of any questions, please send your motivation letter and CV (both documents must be in English) to Abdoulaye Semde, hub manager Mali, at work[at]akvo.org before 24 December 2019 .
Please include ‘Application Finance and HR Administrator, Bamako, Mali’ in the subject line.