Family Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for MEASURE Evaluation Mali
Place : Bamako, Mali
Supervisor : Chief of party
Duration : 6 months
This is a local non-expat position
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is an organization for research and management of public health whose mission is to improve the health of people and communities around the world. For more than 30 years, JSI brings high quality administrative and technical assistance to programs of public health around the world. JSI works in partnership with Governments, agencies and experts from the host countries to improve quality, access and equity in global health systems.
MEASURE Evaluation is the result of an initiative launched several decades by the Carolina Population Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The consortium is included some organization as John Snow Inc., ICF International, the University of Tulane, Palladium and Management Sciences for Health. The overall objective of MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV is to allow countries a strengthening of their systems to generate high quality health information used for decision making at all levels, (local, national and global). The project strives to achieve this goal by focusing on the four areas of the following results: (1) strengthening of the collection, analysis and use of basic health data; (2) improvement of the capacity of the country to better manage health information, resources and personnel systems; (3) improvement and application of methods, tools and approaches to address the challenges and gaps affecting health information; and (4) increase capacity in order to be able to conduct rigorous evaluations.
The Family planning Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is part of MEASURE Evaluation local staff, reporting directly to the Chief-of-Party. The FP Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will provide technical assistance inside and outside the project. This is a full-time position based in Bamako, Mali with some travel to other regions as needed. The position is open immediately.
- Provide technical assistance and training to family planning (FP) stakeholders.
- Assist the DNS to do regular analysis of FP indicators through DHIS2 and use data for decision making.
- Lead the M&E team during the FP campaign.
- Participate to the development of FP data analysis plan.
- Facilitate training on FP data analysis plan.
- Participate at 2019 FP planning campaign supervision visits.
- Take part on the development of quarterly HMIS bulletin.
- Represent MEASURE Evaluation during the training of data collection teams
- Write meeting reports and provide weekly feedback to the COP
- Represent MEASURE Evaluation to FP meetings held in Government or partners side.
- Ensure that all FP benchmarks are completed on time and are of high quality.
- Work closely with HMIS team for taking into account FP planning information needs on HMIS activities.
- Draft the FP part of quarterly report and follow the report on MIS with activity lead.
- Maintain quarterly excel tracker of USG and custom indicators (liaise with activity leads to complete).
- Work with results M&E team backstop in UNC-CH and activity leads to document results against custom indicators of WP.
- Collect any evidences of data use happening around FP.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Master’s Degree in public health, international development, monitoring and evaluation, statistics or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and similar research.
- Minimum 3 (three) years of experience in family planning activities implementation managing staff and/or teams of consultants preferred.
- Experience in working with Ministry of health.
- Proven skills in defining results/outcomes statements and selecting indicators.
- Experience in providing technical assistance and training in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning and/or research methodologies.
- Experience in working with health stakeholders, specifically FP.
- Experience in designing and field-testing surveys and other instruments for collecting data.
- Experience conducting supervision visits and activity verification and data quality assessments.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into different formats (e.g., reports, short summaries, presentations).
- Ability to use DHIS2 software.
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management.
- Ability to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken French and fairly good in written and spoken English.
This position is initiated by John Snow, Inc. Interested candidates should send their application including a cover letter and a CV to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the subject « Family planning Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist » no later than December 13, 2018 at 4:00 PM.