Announcement Number: Bamako – 2018 – 42
Position Title: Electrician
Opening Period: October 15, 2018 – October 25, 2018
Series/Grade: 1210/ FSN – 4; FP – AA
Salary: 3,712,383 F CFA; actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
For More Info: E-mail Address: Bamakojob@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust Certificate issued by Post
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Electrician.
The work schedule for this position is Full Time (40 hours per week.)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within two weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
The incumbent performs electrical duties at the Embassy and USG owned and leased residences. Performs electrical repair in the New Embassy Compound and residences including new electrical installations, troubleshoot and diagnose electrical systems such as panel boards, emergency power systems, circuits and appliances. He is supervised by the Maintenance supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education: Completion of primary education and vocational school certification in the field of electricity are required.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years in the field of building and residential electricity.
Job knowledge: Familiarity with electrical systems, wiring and components.
Language: English level II, French level III and Bambara are required. English Language will be tested.
Skills and abilities: Must be able to use tools and diagnostic equipment of the trade. Driving is required for this position.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Certificate. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment DS-174, which is available on the American Embassy website.
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically submit the documents listed below.
All applications must be sent to Bamakojob@state.gov with the position title listed in the subject line of the email.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Passport or National ID copy
- Certified degree(s)
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- CV in English
- Letter(s) of recommendation if available
- List of references
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali.