Job Reference DA/ML/11/2018
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation from a country perspective, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the role of Driver & Administrative Assistant, Mali.
The position is only open to Mali nationals and will be based in Bamako, Mali.
The Driver and Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing driving and administrative duties to assigned staff/guests of AGRA. S/he ensures highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol, communications and security issues. The Driver and Administrative Assistant will also demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. S/he monitors the movement of personnel and deliveries, and also oversees the maintenance of AGRA office vehicles. S/he assists in delivering a quality service through translation, logistics support, and team assistance as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the vehicle assigned by AGRA for the transportation of staff, AGRA guests and other authorized personnel.
- Ensure vehicle is kept in good running condition and clean at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing, vacuuming, dusting.
- Meet official and high ranking personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities, as required, with signage.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc, and perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs.
- Deliver and collect mail, invitations, documents, supplies, bills or payments and other items as required.
- Ensure that all steps required by traffic rules and regulations are taken and adhered to, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Keep track of insurance and other tax formalities.
- Inform the Country Manager and Program Coordinator of any repairs required in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that the vehicles are kept clean and in good working order at all times.
- Prepare of job cards, inspecting of vehicles and ensuring all vehicles are fully equipped with tools, first aid kits.
- Maintenance of Vehicles Support in the planning and monitoring of vehicle maintenance based on the vehicle producer’s recommendations.
- Support in planning, coordination of road travel and logistics.
- Communicate quickly and effectively with passengers and Program Coordinator and Country Manager.
- Translate as needed and required in field and site visits.
- Take photos of programming and events.
- Assist with branding, logistics and organization of AGRA and select partner events.
- Ensure additional duties and responsibilities assigned are effectively performed.
Key Qualifications and Experience required:
- At least 8 years driving experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience driving business executives or leaders.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative, logistics and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies.
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computers, business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security systems, organizations and issues.
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases.
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative.
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
- Planning, Organizing and Multi-Tasking.
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 20th December, 2018.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer