REF No.: HR-EXO-001-2019-CMS (must inserted in the subject line of emails)
GRADE LEVEL: FSN PSC-10 (If an applicant does not meet all required qualifications for the position and is selected for the position).
Within the Executive Office, the Information Technology (IT) Division is responsible for providing data and telecommunication services for USAID Mali.
The Computer Management Specialist (CMS) reports to the Computer Management Specialist (Systems Manager) and may receive technical guidance from USAID M/CIO. The CMS shall serve as the second principal person responsible for the overall operation of the Mission IT and telecommunications systems.
S/he will serve as the second systems and network administrator of the Mission and will be responsible for the operation, management and maintenance of mission servers, messaging, internet links including mission and residential internet, approved wireless networks, telecommunications hardware, video teleconferencing equipment, and end-user support. The incumbent will work with the Systems Manager to ensure highest availability status of the systems and network infrastructure and ensure most efficient customer service delivery and support. S/he is also co-responsible for the whole IT and telecommunication system security and the contingency plan.
S/he will assume the Systems Manager responsibilities during his/her absence.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Systems Manager, the incumbent shall serve as the Computer Management Specialist with responsibilities and duties that include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
LAN and WAN Operation and Management 30%
- Install, monitor and maintain Mission systems and network infrastructure.
- Ensure high availability status of all components including MS Windows servers (Domain controllers, file and print servers, corporate applications servers, storage servers, etc.), Google Apps/messaging, remote access/SBC environment, mobile devices (Gmail provisioned iPhones and iPads), radios, approved wireless links, VDI, Windows and Apple desktops and laptops, network printing devices, telecommunications and security devices, VOIP/IVG/Telephones and video teleconferencing services.
- Provide end user support for network resource uses.
- Work with M/CIO for LAN equipment (switches, routers, firewalls) replacement, re-configuration, disposal or/and network system migration.
- Collaborate with ISPs to maintain high quality Internet for both Aidnet and Wireless networks.
Users/applications support and training 50%
- Brief and update mission’s users upon entry and continuously as needed on USAID IT regulations and policies, in-house services, improvements including available new technologies.
- Provide support for USAID corporate applications (ASIST, E2, GLAAS, SharePoint, Websites, FACTS, etc.) and other approved applications and software packages. Coordinate troubleshooting and support with M/CIO teams when necessary.
- Responsible for setup (including imaging) of Windows and Apple desktops and laptops.
- Provision mobile devices (AirWatch MDM enrollment, e-mail setup, WhatsApp installation, USAID Wifi enrollment, Soft Token setup, etc.),
- Setup radios (PTL and Sat phones) and train users on how to use them.
- Ensure IT and telecommunication equipment that is assigned to Mission incoming users is ready and operational upon their arrival at post.
- Manage creation, disabling and transfer of Mission users’ accounts through Active Directory and Service Central, in coordination with M/CIO. Manage users’ group membership (Security groups and Distribution Lists) to grant them access to needed network resources, setup access restrictions to some resources.
- Prepare audio-visual equipment for presentations and setup video teleconferencing equipment as needed.
- Assist with designing training materials and/or provide training to Mission users on the use of IT equipment (desktops, laptops, MacBooks, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
IT Security and Contingency Planning/Compliance 10%
- Assist the Computer Management Specialist (Systems Manager) with preparing and updating mission standard policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the Management of Information Resources (ADS 541, 545, 548, NIST, etc.). This includes mission orders, mission notices, and other relevant information technology guidelines relation to Information Systems operations.
- Prepare, update and enforce System Security and Contingency plans.
- Assist the Systems Manager with implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning procedures. Ensure mission data is safeguarded and prevent accidental loss of data.
- Assist with immediately correcting vulnerabilities reported in ISSO scanning reports to ensure best security/grading results for the mission.
- Provide Information System Security Awareness Orientation training/refresher to mission users as instructed.
IT equipment maintenance and procurement 10%
- Update, upgrade and maintain USAID Mali’s hardware and software in compliance with Agency’s standards requirements and regulations, as directed by the Systems Manager.
- Assist with managing and tracking all USAID IT equipment continuously. Maintain and repair IT equipment whether in-house or through a service contract mechanism. Liaise with vendors as necessary.
- Assist with planning mission IT procurement including the identification and evaluation of qualified sources of equipment and services, and oversea vendors as necessary.
- Place equipment orders either through USAID acquisition channel (Countertrade) or ILSM/ARIBA and follow the acquisition procedure until delivery to Mali Mission.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
Applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications below and ONLY preselected candidates will be contacted:
1. Malian citizens or local residents at the time of application;
2. Education (10 points): University Bachelor’s degree in Information Technologies (or host country academic equivalent) and/or experience in technically related field is required.
3. Prior Work Experience (20 points):
· A minimum of 5 years in IT network administration and customers support.
· Experience with networking in windows environment is required: Windows Servers, Active Directory services, Domain Controllers, files and printer servers, configuration of network interfaces.
· Experience with computer/network systems (PCs, MacBooks, Network Racks, routers, firewalls and switches) and Operating Systems (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Unix-Linux).
· Experience with software and web content development.
· Experience in cloud computing is desirable.
4. Language Proficiency (10 points): Level IV English and French proficiency are required.
5. Knowledge (30 points):
· Extensive knowledge of network equipment, management and security: protocols, architecture (LAN/WAN/VPN/VLSM), cabling, routing and security tools.
· Extensive knowledge of computer system hardware/software use and maintenance: PC, MackBook, network printers, UPS, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Unix-Linux.
· Knowledge of programming languages and Web content development tools.
· Basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
6. Skills and Abilities (30 points):
· Senior level competence in computer diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair.
· Good skills in managing a diversified group of operational personnel.
· Superior adeptness in computer system logic and testing.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, design and coding skills are required for this position as well as the ability to communicate in written and verbal forms.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
Maximum Evaluation Score: 100 points
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications noted above. For applicants meeting the minimum qualifications, further consideration and selection will be based on panel assessment of the selection factors listed below.
Applicants are required to address each of the selection criteria on a separate sheet describing specifically and accurately what experience, training, education, and/or awards or recognition they have received relevant to each criteria described below, and any related considerations.
Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements are available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers
TO APPLY: All cv/resume and cover letter must be in English; otherwise application package will be considered as incomplete and will be rejected.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
1. A cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of subject position.
2. A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the subject position.
3. Copy of Diplômas, degrees, certificates, recommendation letters, etc.
4. Three (3) to five (5) professional references with complete contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers. References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the application and must not be family members or relatives.
5. Full mailing address with telephone, facsimile numbers and email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
SUBMIT APPLICATION: Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: HR-EXO-001-2019-CMS in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Office: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line, or
Local Address for Application Submission: Supervisory Executive Officer, US Agency for International Development – BP 34, Bamako-Mali
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: February 25, 2019 at 5:00pm