Vacant Position advertisement: USAID/Mali Executive Office – Computer Management Assistant (CMA)
For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to the Full Statement of Duties and the qualification requirements available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
REF No.: 72068824R10004 (must be inserted in the subject line of the email)
GRADE LEVEL: 15,782,883 – 24,463,467 FCFA equivalent to FSN-9. In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/Mali. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
ELIGIBLE OFFERORS: Cooperating country national (CCN) – an individual who is a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
The USAID/Mali Computer Management Assistant (CMA) will directly report to the Systems Manager (SM). The incumbent will be responsible for installation, management, and operation of authorized IT (Information Technology) systems and will provide optimal customer services to Mission users, including installation, repair, maintenance, support and management of Windows Systems and applications, Networks and mobile devices, PC hardware, peripherals, and other accessories. The CMA will be responsible on providing training to all mission computer users in systems use and access. The job holder will assist the Systems Manager (SM) and the Deputy Systems Manager (D/SM) in their daily IT systems and networks’ administration.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
User Support and Training (60%)
Primary contact in managing USAID Helpdesk ticketing system, used by employees to submit their requests, will make sure tickets are resolved in timely manner.
Provides software support services designed to maximize IT systems utilization and increase office productivity. These services include telephone assistance, on-desk technical assistance, answers to queries, software installation and reinstallation, installation of updates and patches, hardware or software problems resolution and IT consultations.
Primary contact person for users with Laptop, computer accessories and peripherals, and phones problems. Promptly investigates problems, if unable to solve the same day, writes a technical support notice, and works with Computer Management Specialists to expeditiously solve the issue.
Interacts with end users on day-to-day basis and provides first line support on standard application software packages and other agency software installed on the various platforms.
The incumbent will conduct computer training to the users. Training will include commercial applications (such as Microsoft Office, Google suite), the USAID specific applications and other IT topics as defined by the Systems Manager.
The incumbent will also help users on teleconferencing and telework tools when needed.
Systems and Network Operation and Management (20%)
Secondary contact person for all Systems and Networks (Wired and Wireless) issues and assists on such issues resolution. Prepares himself as a backup person for regular network operations which would include bringing the system up, backing up data and maintaining the system.
Performs Networks administration routines such as adding/removing users, maintaining disk directories for users, setting up users’ access rights to system files and software applications, carrying out the installations and setup of new equipment in the network, installation of Agency approved software. Makes wiring modifications if necessary.
The incumbent will develop and maintain a systematic, preventive-oriented approach to routine network maintenance tasks.
Responsible for installing new Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS) images released by MCIO, complying with their runbooks. Providing user support on the use, operation, features, capabilities of computers, phones, printers, scanners, Operating Systems, Google Suite Applications and Drives, PC/Network hardware, data processing tools (text, tables, graphics) and storage mediums.
Installation and maintenance of network and local printers/scanners (MFD) as well as their management through Files and Printers Server (FPS) in MS Windows Server.
The incumbent will be called on to install, upgrade, and maintain a wide assortment of commercial and department developed software applications. Participates in fixing vulnerabilities detected and reported by M/CIO. S/he will manage USAID/Mali website (pages)and must be vigilant about cybersecurity related issues: deterring, detection, fixing.
IT Security and Contingency Planning/Compliance (10%)
Participates in the preparation, update, and enforcement of System Security and Contingency plans. Assist the Systems Manager with implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning procedures. Assist with immediately correcting vulnerabilities reported in M/CIO scanning reports to ensure best security/grading results for the mission. Provide Information System Security Awareness Orientation training/refresher to mission users as instructed.
IT Equipment Maintenance and Administration Functions (10%)
Update, upgrade and maintain USAID Mali’s hardware and software in compliance with Agency’s standards requirements and regulations, as directed by the Systems Manager. Maintain and repair IT equipment whether in-house or through a service contract mechanism. Assist with planning mission IT procurement including the identification and evaluation of qualified sources of equipment and services, and oversea vendors, as necessary.
Place IT equipment orders either through USAID acquisition channel or ILSM/ARIBA and follow the acquisition procedure until delivery to Mali Mission.
- Minimum of college/university studies in Information Technologies (or host country academic equivalent) and/or experience in technically related field is required. In addition, having a certification from one of the following corporations is required: CISCO, CompTIA, or Microsoft.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years in IT network administration and customer’s support along with user training.
- Experience with networking in windows environment is required: Windows Servers, Active Directory services, Domain Controllers, files and printer servers, configuration of network interfaces.
- Experience with Helpdesk ticketing system is required.
- Experience with computer/network systems (PCs, MacBooks, Network Racks, routers, firewalls, and switches) and Operating Systems (Windows, MacOS, Unix-Linux).
- Experience with software and web content development.
- Experience in cloud computing is required.
- Level IV (fluent) oral and writing ability in English and French is required.
- First-hand knowledge of network equipment, management, and security: protocols, architecture (LAN/WAN/VPN/VLSM), cabling, routing, and security tools.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems’ hardware/software use and maintenance: PC, MackBook, network printers, UPS, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Unix-Linux.
- Senior level competence in computer diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair.
- Good knowledge of Google suite applications and drives, MS Office Suite, MS Windows servers, basic telecommunication, and computer data communication tools.
- Knowledge of programming/scripting languages and Web content development tools.
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing technologies and providers
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical skills to trouble-shoot, diagnose, and resolve IT related issues.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in written and verbal forms.
- Organizational and time management skills (ability to set priorities and work independently).
- Strong analytical, problem solving, design and coding skills.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION FACTORS:
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications noted above. For applicants meeting the minimum qualifications, further consideration and selection will be based on panel assessment of the selection factors listed below.
- Prior Work Experience: 35 points
- Job Knowledge: 35 points
- Skills and Abilities: 30 points
Applicants may address each of the selection factors on a separate sheet or directly in the cover letter.
For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to the Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
TO APPLY: All CV/Resumes and cover letters must be in English, otherwise the application package is incomplete and will be rejected.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
- Eligible Offerors are required to complete, sign, and submit the offer form AID 309-2 (Offeror Information for Personal Services Contracts with Individuals): https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-309-2
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the position for which the applicant is applying.
- Cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of the subject position and meet the evaluation factors set in this solicitation.
- Applicants are required to provide five (5) Professional References with complete contact information including email address and telephone number(s). References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the solicitation and must not be family members or relatives.
- Copy of Degrees/Diploma, or any relevant Certificates, or Recommendation Letters submitted in a simple searchable PDF file.
- Applicants must provide their full mailing address with telephone numbers, email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
- Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section I, item 4 of the Solicitation.
- Applicant submissions must clearly reference the Solicitation number on all documents to ensure consideration of the application package. Email subject line must be: [Solicitation number 72068824R10004] – [CANDIDATE NAME]
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068824R10004 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: [email protected] with the above reference in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE AND TIME FOR THIS POSITION: JANUARY 01, 2024, AT 5 P.M. BAMAKO TIME