CARE International au Mali seeks to recrute for the anticipated USAID/Food for Peace Program One (01): COLLABORATION, LEARNING AND ADAPTING LEAD (H/F)
Female candidate are encouraged to apply
Job Summary :
CARE seeks a Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Lead for an anticipated for an anticipated $60M USAID/Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will improve food security and resilience of communities in conflict-affected areas through strengthening local systems and community participation in up to four regions of Mali: Mopti (all communes), Tombouctou (all communes), Gao (Gao and Ansongo cercles), and Segou (Niono cercle) .
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- Partner closely with all staff to ensure collaboration and learning synergies with activities in the implementation areas.
- Ensure the DFSA’s activity includes active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across its multi-sectoral interventions. This includes but is not limited to USG, host country government, international donors, multilateral organizations and private sector investments.
- Serve as a integral participant in all Refine and Implement (‘Refinement’) activities.
- Improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and CLA in support of adaptive management both within and beyond initial refinement.
- Ensure appropriate and continued coordination and joint planning with other USAID and donor activities, specifically the USAID Mali Resilience portfolio, host government initiatives, and private sector engagement. (Given the significant number of humanitarian and development activities planned and ongoing in the intended activity area, USAID expects significant time and expertise to be dedication to the coordination of activities.)
- Engage project stakeholders in gathering information and lessons emerging from program implementation and ensuring quality communications to external stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field plus a minimum of three years of work experience or a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational and peer-to-peer learning, capacity strengthening, and collaborative learning and adaptation.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating learning and knowledge sharing processes, in establishing and managing dynamic feedback systems to capture experiential learning and unintended consequences, and fostering collaboration across teams or organizations is required.
- Experience working on a USAID-funded program or bi-lateral donor agency projects, is an advantage but not a requirement. Experience working with food security programs and/or other development or humanitarian programs is an advantage. Experience working is low-resource settings is required.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships and productive working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity and Diversity, as evidenced in previous management positions and programming.
- Ability to translate complex and complicated ideas into easily accessible and understandable concepts and/or messages
- Excellent, high-level, demonstrated written and oral communications skills in English is required.
- Professional proficiency in French is required.
- Ability to travel to program areas in Mali as may be required and as the security situation allows.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: COLLABORATION LEARNING AND ADAPTING LEAD ». The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be deposited at CARE Mali offices at Korofina North Bamako, PO Box 1766, Tel 220.127.116.11 / 18.104.22.168 Fax: 22.214.171.124 Door 368, Street 110 or its regional offices in Segou and Mopti regions or sent throught its email address: email@example.com no later than close of business on Thuesday, 10 December 2019.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION « COLLABORATION LEARNING AND ADAPTING LEAD » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.