USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence-based food security information and analysis to inform decisions on humanitarian response and other assistance programs. FEWS NET collaborates with international, regional and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform decisions and guide response.
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified and experienced professionals to fill one full-time Assistant National Technical Manager (ANTM) position in Bamako, Mali. Chemonics seeks to engage the ANTM for an initial contract to last up December 31, 2019, with the possibility of an extension. The ANTM will work closely with the FEWS NET country, regional, and U.S. teams to support the following activities in Mali:
- Efficient, focused food security monitoring, data collection, assessment, and early warning analysis
- Effective communication of early warning analysis to partners and decision-makers through high-quality reports and participation in briefings and formal and informal meetings
- Close collaboration with key partners, such as host government ministries, UN agencies, and international and local NGOs, among others
- Supporting network development by addressing identified gaps in effective early warning systems
- Project administration and management at the field office level, as designated by the NTM, including acting as NTM when required.
Minimum qualifications for the Mali ANTM position include:
- Fluency in English and French is required, local language skills desirable
- An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, social geography or related field. Significant, directly related professional experience can substitute for education experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related fields
- Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work. The full job description for the Mali ANTM position can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies .
Interested candidates should fill out the general information form and upload their CV and a cover letter here: https://fewsnet.formstack.com/forms/mali_antm_july2019 by July 11, 2019
All application materials, including responses to the general information form, CVs, and cover letters, should be provided in English. The position is based in Bamako, Mali and is open to all qualified candidates. No telephone inquiries. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.