ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT: Job Reference HR//www.malipages.com 11/2017
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
AGRA is rolling out a new 5-year strategy to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To support this transformation, AGRA is seeking to recruit an experienced and exceptional individual to the position of Administrative Assistant – Bamako, Mali
Reporting to the Program Officer Bamako, Mali, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the day to day administration of the office and the protocol liaison person with the government of Mali. The position is open to Mali nationals and will be based in Bamako, Mali.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Country office by organizing the flow of work and prioritizing incoming requests.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the office, responding and/or re-routing general requests for information, electronic communication and facilitation, liaison with other offices of AGRA and representatives from other institutions.
- Takes up follow-up actions required by the Mali Office, filing documents and maintaining the relevant files
- Compilation of all office reports for Review.
- Work closely with the team to prepare quarterly and annual work plan
- Screens correspondence, drafts and replies to requests for non-technical information, prepares acknowledgements and initial responses; composes correspondence for signature, assembles and summarizes information necessary for preparing a reply
- Answers and screens telephone calls, provides routine/general information on AGRA to external enquirers and redirects calls as required
- Obtains, compiles and extracts information from files, publications, library, databases and other sources, on own initiative or as directed by the Program Officer
- Coordinates administrative and logistical arrangements for visitors, including arranging appointments with government officials and other stakeholders
- Assists in providing administrative and logistical support for meetings, workshops and conferences to staff and other visitors to locations where travel is initiated
- Manage AGRA VIPs during visits to the country office
- Ensure implementation of statutory requirements in respect of all works in the country
- Liaison person with government offices.
- Assist in processing diplomatic privileges and immunities and in extending courtesies to expatriate community.
- Process permits for visiting delegations/government guests for their travel in and around the country.
- Performs other duties as required and instructed
Key Qualifications and Experience required
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in administration, finance or social sciences
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with a range of software applications
- Familiarity with working for non-profit organization or public enterprise.
- Minimum of 3years’ experience in office administration and protocol activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a team orientation and strong collaborative skills.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse environment
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Highly organized, results and detail orientated with a very hands on approach
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and problem solving/decision making ability
- Intelligent, motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV in both French and English (including your e-mail address and telephone contacts to email@example.com noting to quote the job reference number.
To be considered, applications must be received on or before 15th November, 2017.
For more information on AGRA, please visit www.agra.org
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer