BASIC POSITION FUNCTION
The incumbent provides administrative assistance and support to the administrative and executive departments of the NIAID Research Support Office. Serves as primary assistant with responsibility for planning and executing the administrative management functions. Manages the daily activities by carrying out and coordinating all of the clerical and day-to-day administrative support activities.
MAIN FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general support to the administrative and executive sections of the office
- Advises and assists the staff in the area of office management. Arranges appointments and maintains supervisor’s calendars, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and answers queries with discretion
- Check, Scan and arrange all the justifications of expenses and invoices from all NIH intramural projects before sending them to the Director for approval
- Coordinate the travel of Malian attendees to the Annual American Society for Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) (create a list of participants and follow up with visa issues)
- Draft or print Invitation letters for Americans and other partners coming to Mali for visa applications
- Draft and print letter for customs for NIH TDYers bringing lap equipment to Mali
- Participate in staff weekly meetings, take notes and write action items and share with staff, do the follow up and update the action items for the next weekly meeting
- Prepare letters, memoranda, Management and Staff notices, administrative reports and cable initiated by the National Institutes for Health (NIH) Director, in English and French. Reviews materials prepared for NIH Director’s signature. Review outgoing correspondence, reports, etc… for formats, grammar, and punctuation, and removing typographical errors
- Maintain paper and electronic files, pull files for archival and destruction. Designs and organizes office filling notices.
- In charge of protocol matters which includes arranging meetings with high-ranking officials and representatives of counterpart organizations (Ministries, University of Bamako, NGOs, etc) and arrange official receptions
- Work on airport assistance and transportation for local staff and TDYers
- Prepare formal/ informal translations and act as interpreter
- Manage the planning of the Conference rooms
- Serves as Liaison between MSC and NIH Office.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
Education: Completion of secondary school in typing, office practices and computer science is required.
Prior Work Experience: 5 years of practical secretarial experience is required
- Speaking/reading/writing French, Level IV
- Speaking/reading/writing English, level III
- Speaking Bambara required, level III
Job Knowledge: Office Management standard operating procedures
Skills and Abilities: Typing over 40 wpm, use of computer (Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint). Have good interpersonal skills, ability to work long hours under pressure.
Supervision Received: Directly supervised by the Senior Office Management Supervisor. May receive guidance and work assignments from the NIAID Director / NIH Country Representative, the Resident Scientist and other colleagues of NIH
Available Guidelines: NIH operating procedures, office management guidelines and other regulations governing the work place
Exercise of Judgement: Good judgement in making appointments for NIH, organizing meeting and taking care of other important office matters
Authority to make Commitments: Is authorized to commit NIH for appointment and other minor issues
Nature, level, and Purpose of Contacts: Contact with other NIH colleagues, officials of GOM in the health sector, and staff of other donor agencies.
Time Expected to Reach Full Performance Level: One year
This position description in no way states or implies that are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Agency.
Other tasks, as determined by the Supervisor. The environment at the NIAID/NIH Mali Office foresees that all staff members adopt helpful duties not specifically related to their principal job, and that everyone pitches in to be of general assistance when requested.
To Apply: Email the following documents at the following Email addresses email@example.com
- An application letter:
- Detailed curriculum vitae (with the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three referees and copy of certificate or diploma legalized),
- a letter of motivation
Apply By: September 30th, 2019
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org