01 Vacant Position advertisement: USAID/Mali, Office of Financial Management – Administrative Assistant
For detailed minimum requirements, applicants must refer to the Full Statement of duties and the qualification requirements available on https://www.usaid.gov/mali/work-with-us/careers or https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
REF No.: 72068820R10007 (must be inserted in the subject line of the email)
GRADE LEVEL: FCFA 8,836,454 TO FCFA 13,696,502 equivalent to FSN-7. The incumbent will be compensated in accordance with the U.S. Mission Mali’s Local Compensation Plan (LCP). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
This position is in the Office of Financial Management, USAID/Mali Bamako. The incumbent serves dual functions in USAID/Mali OFM as an Administrative Assistant and Administrative Voucher Examiner. The incumbent’s primary responsibilities are to carry out the day-to-day administrative and office manager duties for the Controller’s Office. The person also examines and processes a variety of administrative invoices and requests for payment for goods and services, ranging from simple to moderately complex vouchers. These include local travel vouchers, purchase orders, shipment and freight, leases, utilities, communications, FSN medical bills, and other types of vouchers within the same level of complexity. The incumbent is responsible for logging vouchers and other financial documents and assigning numbers in Phoenix to all received vouchers. S/he scans vouchers and related documentation into ASIST (Agency Secure Image and Storage Tracking), USAID’s electronic storage system.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative Responsibilities (60%)
- Performs a variety of administrative related duties including typing and word processing duties and the proper filing, labeling, storage and disposition of official files.
- Receives, controls and distributes all OFM related mail including correspondence, cables, invoices, reports and other materials.
- Maintains both physical and electronic filing systems for fax messages, cables, and other correspondence for OFMs financial and accounting documents, ensuring ready access to information when needed.
- Orders office supplies materials and equipment when needed, maintains clear inventory of working materials received from the Embassy (GSO).
- Prepares timesheets for the OFM employees and distributes.
- Maintains Controller’s calendar and makes necessary arrangements for OFM meetings to happen.
- Distributes credit cards to Mission employees using a declining balance travel card for official travel. Responsibility includes setting the appropriate credit limit before each travel commences and maintaining a file of signed statements of travelers taking custody of a card.
Voucher Processing (40%)
- Scans completed voucher documentation including original voucher, invoice, and any additional supporting documentation pertaining to the payment into ASIST. Also scans Bills for Collection and miscellaneous obligation documents into ASIST.
- Maintains an accurate tracking report for vouchers and accounting documents received in OFM.
- Reviews and processes in Phoenix recurring type OE and program related vouchers such as Purchase Orders, Residential Utilities, Leases, and FSN medical bills.
- Examines voucher claims to 1) prevent improper or duplicate payments; 2) ensure its properly supported with sufficient documentary evidence; 3) ensure payments are made in accordance with regulations and contractual requirements; 4) and verify the accuracy of accounting data and availability of funds prior to processing;
- Prepares and communicates rationales concerning any portions of a claim where a payment was disallowed.
All cv/resume and cover letter must be in English; otherwise application package will be considered incomplete and will be rejected. All the hiring process will be conducted in English, including interviews and any eventual proficiency written test.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following required documents:
- A cover letter of not more than two (2) pages describing how the incumbent’s skills and experience fit the requirements of subject position.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) relevant to the subject position.
- Copy of Diplômas, degrees, certificates and/or ‘‘Attestation de travail’’, recommandation letters, etc.
- Five (5) professional references with complete contact information including email addresses and telephone numbers. References should have knowledge of the candidate’s ability to perform the duties set forth in the application and must not be family members or relatives.
- Full mailing address with telephone, facsimile numbers and email address and should retain for their records copies of all enclosures that accompany their submissions.
Indicate the Vacancy Reference Number: 72068820R10007 in the subject line of your email. If this is not properly indicated your submission would NOT be retrieved.
Email Human Resources Management Section: email@example.com with the above reference in the subject line.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS: June 11, 2020