Positions: Accounting Technician, FSN-08, USAID/MALI
Solicitation Ref.: USAID-HR-OFM-001-2018-AT
Brief Description of Position: The Accounting Technician has overall responsibility to safeguard the appropriated accounts authorized for the projects and operating expense for the Mission. The Accounting Technician maintains, monitors, and periodically reviews, analyzes, reconciles and balances official accounting records for unilateral and bilateral programs, and for the operating expense budget. S/he prepares and designs periodic and special reports based on these records.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications:
- All Malian Citizens and Local Residents with a valid work permit at the time of application;
- Completion of secondary school, and at least two years of college or university study which resulted in a certificate equivalent to a US-style Community College or Junior College diploma is required. The course of study should have included accounting, finance, business management, business administration. Completion of an undergraduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in accounts maintenance, accounting technician, or related fiscal work is required.
- French and English fluency of Level IV in speaking, reading, and writing is required.
- The candidate must have, or be able to quickly gain, a fully comprehensive knowledge of USG law, regulation, and procedure relating to accounting, and financial operations, and the full range of skills and abilities required in computing both procedural and technical and financial program planning and analysis work. The incumbent must have, or be able to quickly gain, a working knowledge of USAID policies and procedures relating to technical accounting and controls as referred in the applicable sections of ADS 600 Series, USAID project accounting policies and procedures, cost accrual accounting principles and practices, and USG accounting procedures. And, the candidate must have, or be able to quickly gain, a thorough knowledge of the organization and functions of the major program areas of the Embassy.
How to obtain Solicitation: Detailed statement of duties and the qualification requirements for the position are available on the USAID website http://www.usaid.gov/mali/partnership-opportunities/local-vacancy, and U.S. Embassy website http://mali.usembassy.gov
How to Apply: Submit Application to Human Resources Management Section – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following reference number in the subject line: USAID-HR-OFM-001-2018-AT
Please note that all cv/resumes and cover letters must be in English, otherwise the application package is incomplete and will be rejected.
Deadline for submission is: October 16, 2018 at 17h00 GMT