Location: full-time position based in Bamako, Mali
Organization: The Mali Service Center (MSC) was established by the Government of Mali to operate as an independent service center for the financial and administrative management of research funding provided to the University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies of Bamako (USTTB) or other entities within Mali by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other international donors.
MSC is hiring for an experienced Accountant to join its team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the Accountant is managing all tasks related to the University of Sciences, Techniques and Technologies of Bamako (USTTB) Personnel Contract and is the point person responsible for managing DEA or Non NIAID grants.
The Accountant’s functions incudes:
– Ensures that proper procedures are followed in the submission of receipts, including the procurement and approval process are respected.
– Provides accounting assistance and financial analysis to some non-NIAID projects.
– Manages the payroll for USTTB Intramural researchers based at the International Center for Excellence in Research (ICER) and DEA projects and manages the payroll system and database.
– Reconciles operating advances accounts with submitted receipts, providing detailed guidance to the Chief Accountant and Senior accountants for all projects.
– Provides training to users of MSC services, who have administrative or fiduciary responsibility of funds.
– Assists the chief and senior accountants with various miscellaneous tasks including assisting with filing, managing payroll, drafting cover memos for accounting reports and other tasks as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or equivalent
– 4-5 years accounting experience preferably with US Government or other International Donor development programs.
– Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
– Should possess self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
– Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and staff including interacting with a wide range of people from policy makers, administrators to scientific researchers.
– Knowledge of SAGE SAARI 100
– Excellent computer skills required in Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Must be fluent speaking/reading/writing English and French.
The incumbents must have experience working in Mali. Malian candidates are preferred.
To Apply : Email CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com.
Apply By: February 20th 2016, closing date.