Care International in Mali is looking for the Region Sahel Resource Mobilization Manager based in Bamako
The Candidacy Of Women is strongly encouraged
CARE is one of the key players in humanitarian and development in the Sahel Region and has established operations Mali, Niger and Chad since the 70’s and recently in Burkina. Since 2013 CARE has been promoting subregional and crossed border programming and developed a Sahel strategy to facilitate this vision. CARE is recruiting a Sahel Resource Mobilization Manager to be based in one of the above countries to boost resource at both regional and individual country levels. The Sahel Resource Mobilization Manager (SRMM) will drive strategic and proactive RM approaches, including improved donor and internal CARE engagement/visibility and implementation of RM processes and tools etc.). The position holder ensures strategic RM activities including gathering donor intelligence, increasing country office (CO) visibility internally and externally, donor and partner engagement as well as supporting Regional RM opportunities coordination and staff capacity building.
While CO RM staff may lead some of RM efforts and responsibilities directly themselves, the SRMM is expected to support the CO management. The position incumbent will be responsible for data collection and monthly reporting on RM activities across the 4 countries.
The main responsibilities of this role are focused on 1) Leadership and coordination, 2) donor/partners intelligence and engagement, 3) Internal engagement to raise the 4 Sahel COs’ profiles, 4) Funding opportunities tracking and proposal design support and, 5) Grant reporting and knowledge management.
The Sahel Resource Mobilization Manager is a CARE senior team member in the country of her/his assignment and as such is responsible for problem solving at a variety of levels. S/he will need to be able to analyze and resolve situations as they arise on a variety of subjects ranging from program alignment with donor priorities, CARE comparative advantage, and decisions to issues related to donor relations and key partners.
CARE COs in Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali and Niger are staffed with high level staff, both technically and intellectually.They are very knowledgeable and will provide a high level of support to the SRMM in context understanding, problem prevention, management, and problem solving. The SRMM will support the teams and will need to build strong networks and donor relations in order to gather timly and pertinent information related to funding opportunities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
LEARDERSHIP IN COORDINATION OF RESOURCE MOBILIZATION IN SAHEL
- Gather information about the 4 country programs and strategies to understand CARE’s work
- Provide strategic direction and coherence ensuring each of the 4 COs has RM strategies, approaches and tools in place and aligned with CARE’s Vision 2030 and CO priorities.
- Facilitate regular CO RM meetings to drive RM priorities and accountability.
- Serve as a bridge between Sahel Country offices, fundraising teams, and IFS on RM related information and communication flow and synergy.
DONOR/PARTNERS INTELLIGENCE AND ENGAGEMENT
- Gather intelligence, map, and track external/internal visibility opportunities
- Liaise with CO communication staff to update or develop new pertinent visibility materials and communications content
- Monitor and ensure implementation of donor/partner engagement plans.
- Facilitate and ensure CARE representation with donors and partners particularly at regional level as relevant.
- Produce donor/partner engagement minutes and analysis including opportunities, CARE added value, potential partners, timeline, key contacts and recommendations for follow-up.
INTERNAL ENGAGEMENT AND STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING TO RAISE SAHEL COs PROFILE
- Engage with CO teams to better understand CARE’s programming and selling points value-add.
- Conduct staff capacity building in RM.
- Liaise with and proactively engage internal CARE stakeholders to mutually share updates, funding needs and priorities, and raise the CO’s profile within CARE.
- Support CO teams’ preparation and presentations of their work to CARE stakeholders.
- Support CO teams to establish and maintain strong relationships with other CARE stakeholders.
- Ensure and support COs to maintain a positive image and good visibility for CARE in Sahel countries.
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES IDENTIFICATION AND TRACKING, AND PROPOSAL DESIGN SUPPORT
- Identify, review, and track funding opportunities.
- Assess CARE comparative advantage, the competition, and alignment with program priorities to facilitate Go/No Go decision-making related to pursuing funding opportunities.
- Support the development of high-quality proposals in close coordination with country office and other CARE staff as well as partners.
DONOR ENGAGEMENT REPORTING AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- Support and ensure quality and timely donor engagement reporting based on inputs from the CO staff and others.
- Consolidate data from different COs and support the analysis to inform Go -No Go decion decision-making.
- Manage / support RM knowledge management for content such as proposals and communications materials,
- Conduct RM reflection and learning activities such as after-action reviews to improve quality design and win rate.
Perform other duties as assigned: this includes among others, attending regional or other strategic and positioning meetings and leading specific proposals.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in social science, International Relations or equivalent in related fields
Desired: Masters Degree in Social Science or equivalent in related fields.
Required: 5 years experience at management level with an international NGO in development and emergency field.
Desired: 8 years experience at senior management level with an International NGO Donor in both development and emergency field.
Minimum successful 3 years’ experience in RM or Business development role is a plus.
Key technical skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic and operational planning
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a very complex international setting
- Extensive conceptual skills including development of program strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in program cycle management
- Proven experience in emergency related activities
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships with national and international NGOs
- Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and partners
- Stakeholder’s coordination
- Strong understanding of core resource mobilization concepts and the business development lifecycle
- Donor funding proposal development including leading, support and contribution in the process
- Preferred to have knowledge of donor priorities and requirements
- Ability to establish a learning culture within the CO
- Documentation and publication skills and experience
- Process improvement
Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation
- Writing and presentation – reports, briefs, slides
- Strategic communication
- Research and analysis
Language: French and English speaking and writing are required
- Experience and knowledge of operationalizing a rights-based approach
- Demonstrated familiarities with RM and donor strategies and funding mechanism with range of international donors across both development and emergency programming particularly USAID, FFP, EU, ECHO, AFD, World Bank and other Private Sector, etc,)
- Experience and skills in organizational change processes
- Negotiation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Emotional Intellegence
- Building partnerships
- Facilitating change
Indicate on the envelope or in the subject of your message « position : SAHEL RESOURCE MOBILIZATION MANAGER »
Application files including a handwritten application, a detailed curriculum vita, a letter of motivation, a certified copy of diploma certificates and work certificates + 3 professional references, must be sent in a sealed envelope to the Management of Care Mali in Korofina North Bamako – BP : 1766, Tel 20 24 22 62/ 20 24 91 37 Fax : 20 24 75 32 Porte 368, Rue 110, no later than september 07, 2021 in our regional offices or at the following address : email@example.com
NB : ONLY THES FILES MENTIONNED « SAHEL RESOURCE MOBILIZATION MANAGER » IN THE SUBJECT WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Care Mali enjoys an excellent national and international réputation for its seriousness and professionalism and actively fignts any fraud or attempetp fraud and any corruption.