Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali is recruiting the following staff for its program: One (e) Manager, Risk and Compliance M/F
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a valid criminal record (only mandatory once selected for the position) and the contacts of three references, including the one from the last job, must be received no later than March 10th, 2021 at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject: « Application for the position of : « Manager, Risk and Compliance« .
NB: Any application that does not include the above-mentioned subject will not be considered. Only those selected for testing will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
« The CRS places special emphasis on family values, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, availability of a crèche in the office and working flexible hours whenever possible ».
In applying for this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to: treat all people with dignity and respect and actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and trafficking. Furthermore, I understand that if I am a successful applicant, I will be subject to a thorough background check and that my personal/ professional references will be used to assess my behaviour related to the above protection topics.
|Job Title: Risk and Compliance Manager||Reports to: Country Representative|
|Department: Risk and Compliance||Salary Grade: 9|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
You will manage risk functions for the Mali country program (CP) adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and guidance will reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with audit, risk and compliance leads in HQ and the regional level and Mali CP leadership on implementing and strengthening internal control systems and continuous process performance improvement.
- Anticipate and identify risk issues and challenges and the most appropriate solutions to address them.
- Support implementation of sub-recipient financial management policy
- Support Mali CP at all stages of the Fraud investigation process and support the CR in the coordination of the implementation of CAP items.
- In collaboration with Mali CP management, plan and perform internal audits, control reviews and compliance assessments. Analyze results and provide recommendations.
- In collaboration with Mali CP management, programming, and/or operation leads, design and facilitate relevant risk training sessions and contribute to relevant components of institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Serve as liaison and support external audits. Coordinate action plans to close out audit findings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field preferred. Accounting, audit, anti-fraud certification highly preferred.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Project Management Professional certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in operations and/or programming. At least 3 of these years entailing audit, compliance or risk management experience.
- Knowledge of audit standards and compliance regulations; knowledge of COSO’s Internal Control Framework or The Institute of Internal Audit’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing;
- Knowledge of the fraud management process.
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
This position will require in country travelling (15%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills
- Ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Knowledge of data analytics techniques and process performance improvement leading practices
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Coaching and training abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
- Risk and Compliance RTA
Key Working Relationships:
- Finance Manager
- Compliance RTA
- Internal auditors
- Head of Operations
- Head of programming
- External auditors
- Sub recipients
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.