RMO Mali recruit a Project EHS Officer
Implement and maintain the Site Environmental, Health, Safety Management System monitoring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory, contractual and company requirements
Define and monitor actions to improve EHS Performance in Construction & Commissioning and to reduce likelihood and severity EHS events.
Lead and manage in the most efficient manner the EHS team members to provide the suitable support to the site management team in implementing the Site EHS Management System.
- Independently leading EHS requirements on rehabilitation of hydropower plant
- Providing toolbox talk or safety talk prior to start the work and records to be maintained
- Inspecting & auditing the site to identify unsafe actions & conditions. Advice/implement suitable corrective measures to maintain injury free and incident free status.
- Ensuring proper conduct of work procedures by the employees. Adherence to the environment, health & safety standards, Work Permit and Personal Protective Equipment compliance.
- Verifying the compliance with work permit conditions and bridge the gaps with suitable control measures, if any
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of all lifting tools tackles, fork-lifts, pressure vessels, service lifts & all other equipment falling under the preview of the inspection by the statutory authority.
- Carrying out fall protection equipment e.g. scaffolds, ladders, lifeline, anchors, full body harness etc. inspection and records to be maintained.
- Inspecting cranes and other lifting equipment to be carried out and records to be maintained.
- Inspecting power cables, power tools, grounding and records to be maintained.
- Rejecting or discarding the defective tools, cables or any other components and replace with healthy equipment
- Providing suitable right type PPE for all varieties of jobs & ensure their effective use by all project personnel.
- Bringing about awareness of the safety & environment protection among the construction workers and providing EHS training to Site workers and supervisors so as to bring about awareness and injury free working environment.
- Carrying out inspection & audit of all emergency response equipment and systems, update them from time to time and maintain the effectiveness of the same at all times
- Reporting to GE’s PM team and Contractor safety program team in terms of findings, training data, near miss data, injury & illness data in the specified format on daily basis
- Stopping the operation if any imminent dangers and take suitable corrective action.
- Ensuring that housekeeping is maintained well all the time and wastes are being disposed on timely manner
- Proving hands on training to all project personnel about firefighting and awareness training about existing fire protection system
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil) or similar
Min 3-4 years of EHS Experience with at least 2 years in construction & project management
Experience in building/infrastructure projects with reputed construction companies will be preferred
Behavioral Competencies :
- Ability to Communicate and conceptualise complex EHS issues and concerns.
- Ability to Train Others and influencing skills.
- Sense of Urgency
- High Say/do ratio
Knowledge & Skills
- Conducting Safety inspections & audits
- Regulatory Compliance Requirements
- Construction safety standards
- Carry out risk assessments & audits
- Able to manage Emergency
- Awareness of ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001 management system
- Incident Investigation and report writing.
- Proficiency in FRENCH & ENGLISH both for speaking & writing are mandatory
To apply, visit our web site www.rmo-jobcenter.com by submitting your CV no later than September 12, 2020.