CARE International au Mali seeks to recrute for the anticipated USAID/Food for Peace Program One (01): GENDER, YOUTH AND SOCIAL DYNAMICS LEAD (H/F)
Female candidate are encouraged to apply
Job Summary :
CARE Mali seeks a Gender Youth and Social Dynamics Lead for an anticipated $60M USAID/Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activity (DFSA). This activity will improve food security and resilience of communities in conflict-affected areas through strengthening local systems and community participation in up to four regions of Mali: Mopti (all communes), Tombouctou (all communes), Gao (Gao and Ansongo cercles), and Segou (Niono cercle).
This position is subject to project award and funding.
- The Gender, Youth, and Social Dynamics Lead will lead the implementation of gender assessment and integration strategies aimed at ensuring that program activities result in positive outcomes for program beneficiaries. S/he will build team members’ and partners’ capacity to integrate a gender and youth perspective into project activities and raise awareness of the importance of gender and youth integration and empowerment. The GYSD Lead will collaborate with sector team leads to ensure the effective and timely execution of activities related to gender and youth-based access to opportunities.
- The Gender, Youth, and Social Dynamics (GYSD) Lead will ensure that the social dimensions of food security and community resilience are effectively addressed across all activity components, at all levels, throughout the entire award period. Attention to social dynamics—in particular, gender and youth integration—is critical to realizing FFP intended outcomes.
- Engage with program staff, partners and other stakeholders to develop, integrate, and implement innovative gender and youth integration and empowerment strategies for all program activities and for the life of the project. Contribute to annual work plan development and monitoring.
- Collaborate with the M&E Lead and team on gender/youth integration and analysis tools. This includes ensuring sex and age disaggregated and gender and youth-sensitive data is collected and analyzed. Make recommendations based on assessment findings and regular monitoring to inform program strategies to better meet the needs of the project participants. Contribute to any other research activities to ensure gender and youth dynamics are fully represented.
- Assess the underlying causes that hinder women’s participation in agriculture, income generation, the labor market, and attention to gender equity by institutional systems.
- Integrate and implement gender, youth and social inclusion cross-cutting themes in such a way that women of all ages and social groups will be incorporated as a resource to guide project activities and outcomes.
- Manage the possible effects that program activities may have on sexual and gender-based violence at the household and community levels; monitor and manage how activities will be tracked over time to ascertain any unintended consequences related to gender and gender-based violence.
- Work closely with field level staff to ensure quality implementation in line with the program strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic (e.g., social science discipline) plus 7 years of field experience at the community level is required, preferably in the context of gender-related programming. This could include gender equality; prevention of gender-based violence; women’s empowerment’ and women’s education.
- In-depth understanding of gender, age, and other socio-cultural factors in the context of food security programming.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis, and utilization of information from a broad range of sources in order to ensure effective integration of gender and youth concerns throughout the project’s duration. Demonstrated skills in participatory data collection.
- Demonstrated ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to gender integration and empowerment.
- Experience in participatory learning & action and facilitating collaborative problem solving; demonstrated ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to ensure gender and youth integration and empowerment.
- Strong skills in planning and organization, partnership, and collaborative problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network, communicate, and build/maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience with emergency food security programming is an advantage.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and oral communications skills) is required. French fluency is required.
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
The application dossier should hold the following mention on the envelope or in the subject line of your email message « Position: GENDER, YOUTH AND SOCIAL DYNAMICS LEAD ». The application comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a letter of motivation, certified copies of the candidate’s degrees /diplomas and certificates of work and 3 professional references must be deposited at CARE Mali offices at Korofina North Bamako, PO Box 1766, Tel 220.127.116.11 / 18.104.22.168 Fax: 22.214.171.124 Door 368, Street 110 or its regional offices in Segou and Mopti regions or sent throught its email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on Thuesday, 10 December 2019.
ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH A MENTION » GENDER, YOUTH AND SOCIAL DYNAMICS LEAD » WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CARE Mali has an excellent national and international reputation for its seriousness and professionalism, and actively combats any form of fraud or attempted fraud and any sort of corruption or attempted corruption.