Le Catholic Relief Services, USCCB, « CRS » Mali recrute le personnel ci-après pour son programme : Un (e) Youth Lead: Youth Employment, Leadership and Inclusion Promotion Lead DFSA – H/F
Les dossiers de candidature comportant un curriculum vitae détaillé, une lettre de motivation, un casier judiciaire en cours de validité (n’est obligatoire qu’une fois retenu au poste) et les contacts de trois personnes de références, dont celle du dernier emploi, doivent parvenir au plus tard le 30 Novembre 2019 à l’adresse email suivante : email@example.com avec comme objet : « Candidature au poste de : Youth Lead : Youth Employment, Leadership and Inclusion promotion Lead DFSA – H/F».
NB : Toute candidature ne comportant pas l’objet susmentionné ne sera pas considérée. Seules les personnes retenues pour des tests seront contactées.
Les candidatures féminines sont vivement encouragées.
« Le CRS met un accent particulier sur les valeurs familiales, y compris les congés de maternité et de paternité, les politiques qui favorisent l’allaitement maternel exclusif, la disponibilité d’une crèche au bureau et le travail selon les heures flexibles dans la mesure du possible ».
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE
Job Title: Youth Lead: Youth Employment, Leadership and Inclusion Promotion Lead-DFSA, Mali
Area of Interest: Youth Livelihoods Development, Youth Vocational Training and Leadership, Gender, Finance, Program Quality
Position Type: Full Time
Location: National – Mopti, Mali
Salary Band: 10
Reports to: To Be Determined (TBD)
Note: This position is contingent upon grant and candidate approvals by the donor.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS)/Mali is preparing a response to the USAID Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) Request for Applications (RFA). The overall goal of the proposed program will be to improve food security and resilience of communities in conflict-affected areas through strengthening local systems and community participation in up to four regions of Mali: Mopti (all communes), Tombouctou (all communes), Gao (Gao and Ansongo cercles), and Segou (Niono cercle). The estimated timeframe for this program is October 2020 – September 2025.
The Youth Lead of the DFSA will oversee the design and implementation of all Youth-related activities throughout the entire award period. She/he will work to provide strategic direction to the Mali DFSA’s Youth strategy, ensuring a holistic and robust approach to address the needs of young men and young women in the DFSA targeted areas. She/he will oversee the implementation of DFSA’ youth strategy and the establishment of integrated youth-friendly services and community interventions that empower youth economically and socially. She/he should have a demonstrated capacity to understand and advise on critical technical and operational issues related to youth: education, job skills, employment creation, social cohesion, health, psycho-social wellbeing, prevention of early marriage and/or pregnancy. S/he will lead advocacy and government engagement efforts to advance these issues. S/he will coordinate with staff and partners to ensure that program beneficiaries receive greater access to needed financial resources, appropriate vocational and leadership training as well as life skills, entrepreneurship, financial education, marketing and SILC training. The Youth Lead will also be responsible for assessments required for learning and adaptive management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, or other relevant technical disciplines.
- At least 5 years of experience in employment programing, preferably with youth focus for at least five years
- In-depth understanding of youth livelihoods, entrepreneurship, life skills, financial education and intermediation
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders including national and local government, donors, community-based organizations, and the private sector
- Established relationship with and/or substantive knowledge of initiatives on youth including the Positive Youth Development Approach
- Experience with USAID project implementation
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis and utilization of data and information from a broad range of sources in order to ensure effective integration of youth concerns throughout the project’s duration
- Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among activity staff and in-country actors to youth integration and empowerment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with groups
- Strong leadership, problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong abilities in managing large programs – including multiple sub-grants – which involve project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- Detail-oriented and excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver required results in a timely and quality manner
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Demonstrated personal accountability and driven to serve others
- Cultural sensitivity, patience, flexibility and ability to work well in a multi-sectoral and multi-cultural team and to work closely, understand and support local Church partners.
- Ability to work in a challenging and stressful environment with unexpected challenges
- Ability to travel for field missions for 25% level of effort as needed
- Ability to strengthen partner capacities in youth related programming
- Excellent French and English language oral and written communication skills required with a knowledge of at least two local languages preferred
- Experience working in a variety of developing environments required; knowledge of the Sahel context desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
This position is conditional upon award of funding for the DFSA.