Hiring Agency: Embassy Bamako
Position Title: Building Automation Systems Technician – FSN – 1105 (Building Automation Systems Technician)
Open Period: 04/06/2019 – 05/07/2019
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT-4
Series/Grade: LE – 1105 9
Salary: XOF CFA14,465,564 – XOF CFA14,465,564
Work Schedule: Full-time – This position is opened to- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Bamako, ML
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: This will be determined after selection.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Building Engineer, the Building Automation Systems Technician is responsible for the efficient operation of all US Embassy building automation systems including: Building Automation System (BAS) and associated sub-systems controls (HVAC, chiller plants, emergency power generators, fuel systems); the Fire Alarm Systems and power management system. Responsibilities also include supervision of maintenance staff that maintains all BAS and associated system equipment throughout the Embassy Compounds buildings, and grounds. Other duties shall include: Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) for embassy maintenance contracts assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have a minimum of three years of experience as Building Automation Systems Technician and 2 years supervisory experience working on Building Automation Systems, Power Monitoring Systems, HVAC, and power generation.JOB KNOWLEDGE:Must have a thorough professional knowledge of the field of building automation systems as it relates to mechanical and electrical systems. Must have an understanding of building construction practices and codes and contracting procedures, project scheduling, and materials of construction. Candidates must have a good knowledge of computer systems, including those related to Building Automation System. Must have working knowledge of BAS systems. Must be able to develop scopes of work, and estimates for small and medium projects. Must be able to lead, instruct and direct local staff to perform assigned tasks and perform quality inspections upon completion work. Must have knowledge of the building and construction trades, fire and safety standards. Knowledge of MS Word and Excel is required. Candidate must be able to coordinate with other technical disciplines at the Professional level.
- Completion of BS or equivalent degree in Building Automation Systems, Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized engineering program.
- LANGUAGE: English Level III is required “This may be tested”French Level IV is required “This may be tested”SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidate must be able to identify, troubleshoot and to independently correct or direct in-house maintenance staff and service contractors to remedy maintenance/repair issues. Example: BAS system does not provide correct temperature and building pressure, failed automatic transfer to back up generator, failures with potable water treatment/pacification system, Fire alarm panel faults and sewage treatment systems. Must be able to prepare written reports. Must be able to read and interpret building plans and specifications, safety requirements. Ability to use Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Word, Power Point and Access. Ability to operate digital camera to provide photographic records.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Certificate.To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site at https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Current Resume
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Degree (not transcript)
- Driver’s License
- Other Document
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- Passport copy
- List of references
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.