Announcement Number: BAMAKO-2018-003
Hiring Agency: Embassy Bamako
Position Title: Motor Pool Dispatcher (Motor Pool Dispatcher)
Open Period: 12/17/2018 – 12/31/2018 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT
Series/Grade: LE – 1015 6
Salary: XOF CFA7,337,130 – XOF CFA7,337,130
Promotion Potential: LE-6
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Bamako, ML
For More Info:
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 number of hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 4 weeks of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent serves as a Dispatcher in the GSO/Motor pool, supervising 22 drivers. He plans, controls and coordinates the use of all Department of State vehicles (107 vehicles), truck drivers and chauffeurs (22 drivers) to provide efficient transportation services to the Mission staff, ensuring efficiency and customers’ satisfaction. He also services daily fuel distribution to both GOV and POV, residences generators and official motorbikes. He works under the supervision of the motorpool supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Three years experience as a driver and one of the three years experience in dispatching.
Must have knowledge about scheduling and dispatching drivers. Must know the local environment, traffic laws, and vehicle usage regulations. Must understand the basics of automotive care and mechanical functions
- Education Requirements:
Secondary school is required.
- French level three is required. “This may be tested”
- Bambara level three is required. “This may be tested”
- English level three is required. “This may be tested »
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Administrative and organizational skills. Must have a driver license, interpersonal and customer service skills, and must be able to communicate with all levels of clients. Must be able to negotiate effectively conflicting desires or requests from chauffeurs for changes in trip or work schedules.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Certificate.
To apply for this position click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site at https://ml.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Current Resume
- Passport or ID copy
- Certified copy of Degree
- Driver’s License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- List of references
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Bamako/Mali.